• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    In all honesty, how many of you think you're going to have time to put on/in ear & eye protection after being awaken in the middle of the night?

Seconds lost doing that could result in all advantages you have lost, and the intruder gaining the upper hand.

I'm not wasting time and losing a tactical advantage that could result in the loss of my life.

That's my thought every time I see someone listing in-ear type hearing protection, protective glasses, etc. I figure that, no matter how "tactically" trained you are, if you're waking up out of a dead sleep to the sound of someone coming in your front door, it's going to take you 30 seconds to find your electronic hearing protection, turn them on, get them inserted into the correct ear, find your protective glasses and get them on, and THEN go for your flashlight and firearm. In that amount of time, the bad guy can have shot you and your wife, stolen your gun and stuff, and be out the door.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Regarding hardening home entry points, this is what you want.

Keeps the perps out, allowing more time to be ready.

I have this installed on all entry doors.

https://www.armorconcepts.com/

[video=youtube;p6uphc2ft9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6uphc2ft9A[/video]

A few wraps with a hammer on the lock. Home secured by 2 tiny screws. German Shepherds fellas.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    The wife bought me so mountable magnets designed for your handgun access say, to the bedframe or even under a desk or table.
    Have yet to install, but sounds interesting.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Anybody using a compound bow for home defense?

[video=youtube_share;9Ffiq0ayU-Q]http://youtu.be/9Ffiq0ayU-Q[/video]

I could not quit laughing! :rofl:
    I have a friend who is a public speaker who fancies himself a stand up comedian and I can just see him acting that out!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Depending on the room I’m in it could be any number of CZ or Sig 9mm, Remington, Mossberg or Ithaca 12ga and/or Colt AR15. :coffee:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I put a Glock 21 with a TLR-1 on the nightstand next to whatever I carried that day. Next to the nightstand is a 8.5” 300BO AR that’s suppressed. There’s a Mossberg 500 nearby as well.

The EDC gun on the nightstand is for when the pup needs to go out. The days clothes and holster are right there, so I slip the EDC into the holster to take him out. The G21 is for those ‘Need a gun RFN’ times. The AR is for when you hear crap but don’t know what it was, like when the garage door spring broke in the middle of the night and I had no idea what it was but needed to go see.
    Since this was posted, I've changed things a bit. The 8.5" AR was replaced with a 9.5" Sig MCX, which is suppressed. The G21 was sold, and its role is filled with a P226. Other than that, there is no change.

Rereading this thread, it sure did bring back memories seeing Churchmouse and BirdsAway's posts

Top Bottom