• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    DSA A2 sight on an FAL really helps it for close range hammering.

Much prefer the erg of an FAL over M1A

Can’t fault you there, the FAL is technically a vastly better rifle for modern combat. My taste in M14’s is from too many knocks to the head and a lifetime of lead-filled air and bad taste!!

Last edited:

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I made some changes to the aero M5E1.

7GFhPNN.jpg

The new PA 3x prism (which is wonderful), an arisaka foregrip, magpul ACS-L, and BCM comp.
    I need to pick up an IR unit for it eventually, but the wallet is recovering for now.

Goal is staying as light as is possible within reason.

Last edited:

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I just got these over the past weekend to add to my collection bottom first pic is a italian 308, middle is a early ww2 rifle, and top is a IBM carbine, 2nd pic top is a M1A national match and bottom is a standard M1A, will be picking up 3 more Garands from same seller this weekend

Attachments

• 678A4297-DA94-42F6-9966-043BA7EA8DAD.jpeg
      678A4297-DA94-42F6-9966-043BA7EA8DAD.jpeg
      418.5 KB · Views: 7
    • 9EF06C11-CA82-4C0E-94DA-C53ED6671901.jpeg
      9EF06C11-CA82-4C0E-94DA-C53ED6671901.jpeg
      480.5 KB · Views: 7

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Close to what spindrift mentioned. I'm not sure on the actual weight. With the PVS30 on it its even heavier lol. Not fun lugging it through the woods.
    You’re not kidding, I had the KAC clip on night vision like that on my M110 and it was a pig! I completely forgot what the thing was called.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I made some changes to the aero M5E1.

7GFhPNN.jpg

The new PA 3x prism (which is wonderful), an arisaka foregrip, magpul ACS-L, and BCM comp.
    I need to pick up an IR unit for it eventually, but the wallet is recovering for now.

Goal is staying as light as is possible within reason.
    That is one sharp Aero you have there. How far out have you shot your rifle with the PA 3x Prism? Does it have a 'focus' diopter?

Is it a .308 or 6.5? Mine is a 6.5 and I love it. Plan on getting an Aero .308 complete upper so I can change out as needed. It's tough to find them now though as they are always out of stock everywhere.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    "Battle Rifles" brings forward images of large caliber, hefty rifles. Mine is my Bushmaster with a Colt pencil barrel I bought back in 2005. It has been my patrol rifle ever since. Maybe 10k rounds through it and only once did it fail at the range when it needed a new extractor "doughnut". I just replaced the gas rings as they were getting worn but not affecting function yet. What a great and reliable rifle.

f0XgqLK.jpg

Wt4Gnzl.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That is one sharp Aero you have there. How far out have you shot your rifle with the PA 3x Prism? Does it have a 'focus' diopter?

Is it a .308 or 6.5? Mine is a 6.5 and I love it. Plan on getting an Aero .308 complete upper so I can change out as needed. It's tough to find them now though as they are always out of stock everywhere.

I built it part by part. It has a faxon 308 18" pencil barrel in it, and a RRA national match 2 stage trigger.
    Other than furniture it's all aero except for that.

I've been sick since the prism came in so I haven't been able to go shoot it at any distance. I had a 1x prism on first which I shot a bit with, and was also excellent.

And yeah, it has an adjustable diopter.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I built it part by part. It has a faxon 308 18" pencil barrel in it, and a RRA national match 2 stage trigger.
    Other than furniture it's all aero except for that.

I've been sick since the prism came in so I haven't been able to go shoot it at any distance. I had a 1x prism on first which I shot a bit with, and was also excellent.

And yeah, it has an adjustable diopter.
    I thought about the faxon pencil barrel but was concerned about how fast it would heat up. How many rds does it take before you start losing accuracy to heat? Let me know once you have a chance to shoot it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I thought about the faxon pencil barrel but was concerned about how fast it would heat up. How many rds does it take before you start losing accuracy to heat? Let me know once you have a chance to shoot it.

She gets warm fast, that I know for sure already. I was seeing mirage after less than 10 rounds, lol.

But the upside is that it goes from that hot back to being cool to the touch very quickly.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    She gets warm fast, that I know for sure already. I was seeing mirage after less than 10 rounds, lol.

But the upside is that it goes from that hot back to being cool to the touch very quickly.
    That was my suspension. It would be fine for a hunting rife though.

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    You’re not kidding, I had the KAC clip on night vision like that on my M110 and it was a pig! I completely forgot what the thing was called.
    The focus of the PVS30 is really nice though. I managed to snag one of the limited deployment kits knights had for the m110. Its a great combo, but yea, absolute pig!!

Top Bottom