• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MillenniumC5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Wayne County
    Has anyone here applied for a suppressor form 1 to build or 4 to buy? How long did it take? Did your local athority have any problems filling the paper work?

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    You'd probably get a better response in the NFA part of the forum, a lot guys there have been through the paperwork process to register suppressors.

ie. VUPDBlue and bigcraig
    They are probably your best source for all things NFA.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I've never form 1'd a can before, but I have form 1'd a few SBR's. The good folks at the NFA branch are taking approximately 8-12 weeks to turn around a form right now. Word on the street is that they just hired 4 new examiners, so that time may speed up in the near future. I only know of one CLEO in this state who will not sign the forms and it is in Lake County, the Gary Police Chief IIRC. Indiana is very gun-friendly and pretty much all CLEOs know the drill. I have several cans on form 4s if that makes any difference to you. When I sent the forms in for them, it didn't take any longer than the form 1s I had in at the time.

PS: Moving to the NFA forum...

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I only know of one CLEO in this state who will not sign the forms and it is in Lake County

Great, I just sold a HALO to a gentleman from that county. Guess I'll have to educate him on a Trust.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I did a form four and bought a suppressor earlier this year. My dates are posted in the timeline thread. I got my paperwork signed off by Wayne County Sheriff in one day.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Marion County sign off time one day on form 4 for suppressors.
    ATF time was 34 days until it came back. The time was about the same on all 3 I've done. One for .22, one for .223, and one for .45acp.

Top Bottom