• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Your bosses are using THERE MORAL GROUNDS to make a business decision. And thats a problem.

We sell firearms... if the company did not do so in a legal, moral and ethical manner... I wouldn't work there.

Not selling to, what by our records, is someone who co-resides with a prohibited person is something I 100% support!

And we have a process to clear it if that person no longer lives there... etc.

That address could be but most likely its not where a prohibitive person lives, you all and your data base have no idea who lives in that home, None.

Beg to differ.... THAT address is in our database because an individual presented a valid state DL or ID with THAT EXACT ADDRESS... and then received a NICS DENIED when he/she attempted a firearms purchase from us.

You dont think that data base is being racist against anyone that moves into the address? you dont think that the longer that data base is added to the more racist it becomes?
    Its blatant racism on its face.
    Explain that one to me like I'm a fifth grader.

They will come to an end. The right person gets denied and it will be done with.
    Wait... are you that guy from Santa Claus that yelled and screamed at 8:30 pm on a Saturday night because of this exact scenario? About 8-9 months ago? That you (meaning that guy, possibly literally you, but not sure) were going to sue us because we violated your constitutional rights... and that you were LEO... etc. etc... if we didn't let you have he firearm... instead of calling corporate and getting it straightened out Monday morning?

If so... I was your sales associate and still haven't seen any notice of deposition.

My manager asked you to calm down... and when you didn't and wouldn't he asked you to leave... and when you didn't he told you to leave... and when you didn't he told me to call the sheriff... then you left.

If that was you, don't worry about the address... after that unstable ****-storm in the store, you (if it was you) specifically are on our DO NOT SELL list.

Another moral judgement I support... we do not sell to mentally unhinged people.

Its shocking to me that so many are good with this Companies policy's.
    One is being denied service because of there address...
    Because of living at the address of a PROHIBITED PERSON by our records. Apartments B, C, D, etc just next door, but not the same residence as Apt A are hunky-dory.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    The big question really is, The business and its database have absolutely no idea who is living at that address. They just dont know.
    Its an address, not a prohibitided person buying a firearm.
    Like I said, the right person comes along and gets denied, game over.
    It sometimes shocks me what so many gun people are OK with.
    Yep, we disagree.
    Again, a person with a State ID with that exact address received a NICS DENIED at our store. According to our records, a person prohibited from possessing or accessing a firearm lives at that address.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Its funny the only thing you keep saying is "prohibited Person" The person buying the firearm has been moved to Proceed,,,,.
    WRONG! The person attempting to purchase the firearm hasn't even made it to the NICS background check... no need... we aren't going to sell a firearm to any resident at the same address as a PROHIBITED PERSON who received a NICS DENIED at our store.

You haven't really had any answers.
    You never answered my question... if you reside with a PROHIBITED person, do you know what is needed to stay LEGAL? For both that person and yourself?

Are you ok with allowing firearm access to a PROHIBITED person? I'm not...

And the question again, If this was acceptable, why doesn't the NICS Check utilize this process?
    So, you want this to be law? Sheesh...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We sell firearms... if the company did not do so in a legal, moral and ethical manner... I wouldn't work there.

Not selling to, what by our records, is someone who co-resides with a prohibited person is something I 100% support!

And we have a process to clear it if that person no longer lives there... etc.

Beg to differ.... THAT address is in our database because an individual presented a valid state DL or ID with THAT EXACT ADDRESS... and then received a NICS DENIED when he/she attempted a firearms purchase from us.

Explain that one to me like I'm a fifth grader.

Wait... are you that guy from Santa Claus that yelled and screamed at 8:30 pm on a Saturday night because of this exact scenario? About 8-9 months ago? That you (meaning that guy, possibly literally you, but not sure) were going to sue us because we violated your constitutional rights... and that you were LEO... etc. etc... if we didn't let you have he firearm... instead of calling corporate and getting it straightened out Monday morning?

If so... I was your sales associate and still haven't seen any notice of deposition.

My manager asked you to calm down... and when you didn't and wouldn't he asked you to leave... and when you didn't he told you to leave... and when you didn't he told me to call the sheriff... then you left.

If that was you, don't worry about the address... after that unstable ****-storm in the store, you (if it was you) specifically are on our DO NOT SELL list.

Another moral judgement I support... we do not sell to mentally unhinged people.

Because of living at the address of a PROHIBITED PERSON by our records. Apartments B, C, D, etc just next door, but not the same residence as Apt A are hunky-dory.
    Nope sorry, I can control myself thank you.
    But that is what one gets working in retail.
    Your not supposed to sell to those unstable, but not to sell to one over an address over another persons background. Yea thats moral... lol

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Ask you shy friend this,
    Would would know all who has lived in a property you bought, say 10 years ago or last month? The answer is NOPE you don't know.
    I own a piece of property that I bought at a HUD foreclosure auction a few years back. It was obvious that it had had a swat team use flash bangs with pulling a few windows out. The mom went to jail and the son went to prison on more than one occasion.
    So if one of them has tried to buy a firearm at one of these stores that keeps a data base. Now I'm going to be denied over an address of property that I now own that I live on.
    Should this occur at the place I work, if it's during business hours while our corporate compliance desk is open, a few minutes on the phone verifying that information will permanently remove the address... IF it's in it to begin with.

Do you own a home or homes? how many felons or prohibited persons lived in those property's before you?
    What if you own an apt building and live in one of those apartments, and a prohibited person at one time lived in one of those apartments with a non felon.

I wonder why this isn't being done with a NICS Check.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Again, a person with a State ID with that exact address received a NICS DENIED at our store. According to our records, a person prohibited from possessing or accessing a firearm lives at that address.
    You keep saying that like its going to change what you don't know.

What you can't seem to understand is, You don't know who lives on that property at that time.
    You don't know, People move, people die, people sell and buy homes in communities everyday.
    You data base is worthless to know who lives on a property.
    Its like moving and not changing your address at the post office, or anywhere else.
    They don't know where you live, and they don't know who lives on that property.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Nope sorry, I can control myself thank you.

Good to hear. THAT guy was one of only TWO that I've had a problem with in 2+ years... the other was a legit, straight up straw purchase attempt... his straw seller almost literally ran away when I said I suspect that the fire arm isn't for you, so I'm not making this sale... no what/ifs/and/buts, just "ok" and left.

But that is what one gets working in retail.
    Your not supposed to sell to those unstable, but not to sell to one over an address over another persons background. Yea thats moral... lol
    See above, if your address is that of a prohibited person, by our records, we don't do a background check... don't need to, we won't sell.

If it's no longer the case that a prohibited person lives there, it is quite easily remedied... like I said, a couple minutes on the phone.

You keep saying that like its going to change what you don't know.

What you can't seem to understand is, You don't know who lives on that property at that time.
    You don't know, People move, people die, people sell and buy homes in communities everyday.
    You data base is worthless to know who lives on a property.
    Its like moving and not changing your address at the post office, or anywhere else.
    They don't know where you live, and they don't know who lives on that property.

I refer you to my previous answer and also recommend you look at the law governing FFLs... and to a similar extent individual sales... It is full "knows or reasonably should have known"...

Our records indicate we reasonable know or should know that a prohibited person lives at that address... because at one point, they did. THAT WE KNOW as close to absolute as you can get.

And, if that's no longer the case, it can be resolved in minutes with corp compliance.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Should this occur at the place I work, if it's during business hours while our corporate compliance desk is open, a few minutes on the phone verifying that information will permanently remove the address... IF it's in it to begin with.
    :)
    Ok, its all good, until it happens and corp is at home, and the customer live a few hundred miles away.

Thank you

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That was me, And I find it amazing that folks here, are OK with that corporate policy. You don't think that it violates ones civil and Constitutional Rights?
    I get its ok to make the decision not to sell to someone, this is not like a Straw-man is happening in front of you, a drunk or someone under the influence.

Its an address, and a address doesn't make one a Denied Person.

Would you feel different if we dont sell guns to customers that dont park between the lines in the parking lot, or we dont sell to white guys that have ginger beards.
    Tell me you didnt read post 65 without telling me. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That was just one of the store chains involved.
    You obviously didnt read it.

... this normally gets cleared up in a couple minutes with the customer on the phone with corporate compliance...

If corporate compliance fixes it, its obviously not just one store we are talking about here.

Or are you saying that Flatlander's store is is the ONLY store in the chain that does this, and you presume all other stores just tell the customer to pound sand?

And if you mean other stores like RK, we arent talking about them. The title is clearly about BPS.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Just go to any gun show and look for the babies mamma filling out that 4473 while daddy stands in the background smelling like a skunk. Luckily we have the gubberment to protect Us from phoney gun sales

I was picking up a transfer a USDS in Greenwood and overheard the guy basically tell the woman on the phone he wouldn't sell to a straw purchaser. He said out loud after hanging up that he could hear the guy next to her feeding her the answers.

Criminals really do think everyone else is as weetodded as they are.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You obviously didnt read it.

If corporate compliance fixes it, its obviously not just one store we are talking about here.

Or are you saying that Flatlander's store is is the ONLY store in the chain that does this, and you presume all other stores just tell the customer to pound sand?

And if you mean other stores like RK, we arent talking about them. The title is clearly about BPS.
    And I was under the thoughts that RK was brought into the mix.

And still, whats one to do if Compliance is not at work say over a holiday weekend or an evening.

Top Bottom