• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trapgn1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sellersburg
    Seems like this question has been asked. But I can't find one for my location. Does anyone know where I could have my barrel threaded and a muzzle break installed in my area? I'm on the Indiana side of Louisville. Wouldn't mind crossing the river if I needed too. I know of 1 gun shop in New Albany "K2" that does it but don't know what kind of work they do. Help please!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Welcome to INGO!

the Southerners will be along in a bit. I don't know the southern part of the state. Also, be sure to find a KY gun forum. May get some good info for the Louisville area there as well.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I just had K2 thread mine and well it didn't go a well as I hoped here's a run down of my experience.
    Dropped gun off in Oct to have it threaded. Told him no hurry I didn't have optics and I was waiting on my can.
    4 weeks went by and I gave him a call and he said oh yeah it's been done for a few weeks.
    Went down picked up the rifle and paid $125 for threading and thread protector.
    When I got home I noticed the muzzle brake was very sloppy going on. I pulled out my mic's to check the thread and the overall didn't even meet the min diameter. I probably wouldn't had cared to much but the muzzle device is a QD for my can and I would be sick to get a baffle strike over it.
    I took the gun back down to him and showed him the issue he agreed it wasn't "correct" and agreed to redo it.
    I told him to square it off at 24 inches and re-thread.
    I just got my rifle back 2 weeks ago. Threads are good this time and he didn't charge me anything for the job.
    In my book he made it right but I was flexible with time and 2 inches of my barrel; some may not be so forgiving.

My next job will go to firearm service center in Louisville.

Top Bottom