Please reply by conversation.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Got to disagree. I see both of them in there when I'm out . You do realize that Derrick is going back in to become a Warrant Officer and is prepping for that right? You do realize that they also have the range to take care of right?

Those "Young kids" have a bunch of knowledge if you'd talk to them. To bad the old owner was an ass to everybody unless you were his buddy or a LEO.

Military and LEO stuff sells now if you hadn't noticed.

Your other stores? Walked into 2 of those last week and 1 guy was busy updating the inventory on his phone and actually got between me and the case which only had a couple of guns in it. The other place I wasn't even acknowledged.

Walked into the other store here in town and was not only not acknowledged, even though it's only a very small store, I had to ask one of the employees to move so I could see their stock. He was having a very in depth conversation with another employee and a couple of board members from some range. Yeah, great places.

M&J's was a good experience. Had a nice conversation and even bought a couple of things I didn't need.

I've used Bare Arms for most purchases and all transfers for the past 2 years and will continue to do so.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Got to disagree. I see both of them in there when I'm out . You do realize that Derrick is going back in to become a Warrant Officer and is prepping for that right? You do realize that they also have the range to take care of right?

Those "Young kids" have a bunch of knowledge if you'd talk to them. To bad the old owner was an ass to everybody unless you were his buddy or a LEO.

Military and LEO stuff sells now if you hadn't noticed.

Your other stores? Walked into 2 of those last week and 1 guy was busy updating the inventory on his phone and actually got between me and the case which only had a couple of guns in it. The other place I wasn't even acknowledged.

Walked into the other store here in town and was not only not acknowledged, even though it's only a very small store, I had to ask one of the employees to move so I could see their stock. He was having a very in depth conversation with another employee and a couple of board members from some range. Yeah, great places.

M&J's was a good experience. Had a nice conversation and even bought a couple of things I didn't need.

I've used Bare Arms for most purchases and all transfers for the past 2 years and will continue to do so.
    Great that you still think so. I did business with the old and new and was as high on the new ownership as you still are. Yet I felt compelled to write that things have changed and I can no longer endorse them as I initially did. Wish them the best under their new model but not for me.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    As high as I was on the new management, I have to go the other way now. Derrick is seldom in there and Melissa even less. Couple of young kids running the place. Was a LEO shop b4 now mostly military and LEO. If that is your thing then great.

When I go to Marksmen Shooting Sports I am dealing with Chris and he is great and videos are very good, Jeff at Indiana Gun Club, and went to M&J in Fortville for the first time and owner seemed knowledgeable and helpful.
    So you're not a fan because the owner isn't there during your visit and the "young kids" that are both current military BTW are working the counter?

I'm curious, what's any of that have to do with a gun shop that works hard to keep inventory in stock and has always been respectful to it's customer base?

I'm also a big fan of Marksman, IGC, and Martin has always treated me right but to somehow suggest they're better than Bare Arms is pretty misleading.

You looking for the Cheers experience where everybody knows your name and celebrates you every time you walk through the door? I've had ex wives that were lower maintenance.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    So you're not a fan because the owner isn't there during your visit and the "young kids" that are both current military BTW are working the counter?

I'm curious, what's any of that have to do with a gun shop that works hard to keep inventory in stock and has always been respectful to it's customer base?

I'm also a big fan of Marksman, IGC, and Martin has always treated me right but to somehow suggest they're better than Bare Arms is pretty misleading.

You looking for the Cheers experience where everybody knows your name and celebrates you every time you walk through the door? I've had ex wives that were lower maintenance.
    Not every shop meets all needs. Dekindy is a stand up guy. I over reacted and took it personal. Maybe we just need more dealers to find that ONE that we go to and spend our money

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Not every shop meets all needs. Dekindy is a stand up guy. I over reacted and took it personal. Maybe we just need more dealers to find that ONE that we go to and spend our money
    Stand up guy or not, his reasons for "going the other way" with his recommendations because he doesn't get to shake the owner's hand every time he goes in is pretty petty and marginalizing his employees who are actively serving as "kids" is disgraceful. Derek has a lot of irons in the fire and a family to take care of.

None of those things have diminished his standing in the gun community and being butthurt because someone can't see the owner isn't a good reason to make those comments. Smearing his store and reputation rubs me the wrong way.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Stand up guy or not, his reasons for "going the other way" with his recommendations because he doesn't get to shake the owner's hand every time he goes in is pretty petty and marginalizing his employees who are actively serving as "kids" is disgraceful. Derek has a lot of irons in the fire and a family to take care of.

None of those things have diminished his standing in the gun community and being butthurt because someone can't see the owner isn't a good reason to make those comments. Smearing his store and reputation rubs me the wrong way.
    I have been on both sides of this in relations with shops for various things. We all have different loyalty tolerances and allowances we will give. I can tell you first hand it is disappointing to develop a relationship with an owner, have that owner give red carpet treatment and perks that one comes to expect, then the owner takes on other projects and you get treated like a new customer everytime you go. The knowledge and insight you came to expect from the owner is gone.

Acknowledging all the above as changes in service is not smearing, it is factual for that individual, your situation may be different. I have seen that too. The owner still makes time for his favorites, either because of their purchases or they are friends, while he just doesn't have the time for others. When the others complain the favored get mad at them.

We all are allowed our opinion...

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I have been on both sides of this in relations with shops for various things. We all have different loyalty tolerances and allowances we will give. I can tell you first hand it is disappointing to develop a relationship with an owner, have that owner give red carpet treatment and perks that one comes to expect, then the owner takes on other projects and you get treated like a new customer everytime you go. The knowledge and insight you came to expect from the owner is gone.

Acknowledging all the above as changes in service is not smearing, it is factual for that individual, your situation may be different. I have seen that too. The owner still makes time for his favorites, either because of their purchases or they are friends, while he just doesn't have the time for others. When the others complain the favored get mad at them.

We all are allowed our opinion...
    I must have missed the part where his red carpet privileges were revoked.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Wow. There's definitely some butthurt happening in this thread. You're right about that.

You seem to be reading a lot into a post that the rest of us aren't seeing. Nowhere did I read anyone say they were mad because they don't get to shake the owners hand. And calling young employees "kids" is somehow marginalizing? Are you upset that you didn't get a trigger warning too? Geez Louise, we get enough of this garbage from the insane SJW crowd, now it's here on INGO too?

Seriously, lighten up.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    In your zeal to defend you also missed the he has a right to his opinion as do you. I just gave you real world explanations of what is likely to have happened to sour a relationship but i see you are not up for discussion.
    My issue is that he was a cheerleader and now can't give his endorsement (whatever that's worth) because the owner isn't there and kids are running the place.

I'm allowed my opinion against how ridiculous his stance has become.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Wow. There's definitely some butthurt happening in this thread. You're right about that.

You seem to be reading a lot into a post that the rest of us aren't seeing. Nowhere did I read anyone say they were mad because they don't get to shake the owners hand. And calling young employees "kids" is somehow marginalizing? Are you upset that you didn't get a trigger warning too? Geez Louise, we get enough of this garbage from the insane SJW crowd, now it's here on INGO too?

Seriously, lighten up.
    If you don't see it, move on. Unless you're in here to white knight for dekindy, I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to interject. If that is the case, good for you?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Can't we all just get along?

Support all the local shops you want to. Don't support the ones you don't want to. Next guy in Bare Arms thank Derrick and "The Kids" for their service for me. Since we moved south I don't get by there often.
    Warrant Officer has my respect. One of the ranks I truly appreciate as a soldier who really knows his job.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If you don't see it, move on. Unless you're in here to white knight for dekindy, I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to interject. If that is the case, good for you?
    I'm not here to white knight for anybody. If you read through the thread you'd see I like Bare Arms and have posted about my good experiences there. I just don't see any of the previous comments as particularly harsh. Apparently you do and that's cool. We all have our perspectives. But you seem to be claiming dekindy is saying things that he didn't actually say, then making assumptions about why he said what he didn't say. I think it's worth pointing that out.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I'm not here to white knight for anybody. If you read through the thread you'd see I like Bare Arms and have posted about my good experiences there. I just don't see any of the previous comments as particularly harsh. Apparently you do and that's cool. We all have our perspectives. But you seem to be claiming dekindy is saying things that he didn't actually say, then making assumptions about why he said what he didn't say. I think it's worth pointing that out.
    Please elaborate and show me where he was misquoted. If you're shoving your nose in, go all the way.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Retail is Retail. One can whine all he wants about not being treated like the most important person in the world. Fact is, the retail shop owes you nothing. The way he chooses to run his shop will in turn take care of itself. If he stays in business in the long run, then he didn’t need any chiseling crybabies to survive. It would help a few peeps if they had to run a gun shop to feed the babies. It is a very hard business. Just because Federal law sees to it that they have a captive audience, that does not clearly identify the challenges of manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers that juggle the inventory much like the liquor sales mafia. If you don’t like a shop...don’t go back but don’t help the gungrabbers eliminate another shop.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom