• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Rubbing alcohol. Test it on a small area first. My dog chewed up a black ballpoint on my red leather sofa a few years ago, and I got it all out.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Have now tried both of those options with no luck. Aslo tried a variety of leather cleaners, conditioners and spot removers.

One of the boys in our school carpool sat down with a pen in his pocket, apparently with the point out.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Have now tried both of those options with no luck. Aslo tried a variety of leather cleaners, conditioners and spot removers.

One of the boys in our school carpool sat down with a pen in his pocket, apparently with the point out.

What percentage was the isopropyl alcohol?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Also, I've been told that hairspray works. Leave it on for 5 minutes then wipe away was what I was told

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Maybe some denatured alcohol....... mineral spirits.....
    Test on the bottom of the seat, you will probably be stripping the color out of the leather.

He didn't say anything about wanting to leave the color of the leather, just that he wanted to get the ink out!

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Did try the hairspray, rubbing alcohol was 70%. The Goof Off did actually pull some of the dye out of the leather but it didn't touch the dam blue ballpoint pen marks. That ink could be used for tats. I think I have some mineral spirits, just have to dig it out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If nothing else works, might want to try 90% alcohol? Maybe soak a cotton ball or rag and just let it sit there for a while?

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I have a "red" shirt (some would argue that it just might look pink from a distance...) that I managed to allow to soak up an impressive amount of permanent ink from a Sharpie fat boy (If others would like to experience this, just remove the cap and place on the other end, use the pen then immediately place in shirt pocket without capping the felted end. Also a poor man's technique for abstract tattoos...)

I made the stain worse by soaking a wipe in IPA and placing on the stain. I managed to create two fist sized stains on my shirt that I wore with pride for the remainder of the work day. Upon arriving home, My Lady soaked the areas in IPA 3x then washed. The stains were removed completely and the IPA did not harm the color of the cotton shirt.

Oh, and the tattoo was of the temp variety. Evidently, when you saturate skin with IPA, Sharpies lasting powers are mitigated.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I use alcohol wipes on the bus seats when kids write on them or have a pen explode or they play games with a pen and it breaks. If that doesn't work we spray paint the seat covers :-/

Top Bottom