• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I was always DON"T point a gun at things i did not want to shoot . simple gun safety .But Baldwin is not a gun person just a bad actor .Amazing how he can cry on Que

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It quotes him as saying, "the world is choking on hate..."

I think, when it comes to him, the world is choking on the BS he expects us to eat...

To him, the world is choking on hate.
    1) because he focuses on the hate in the world.
    2) because he himself is filled with hate. Therefore he projects that on everyone.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I am a bit surprised that we have not heard anything more from Joel Souza or Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.
    Both have been super quiet (probably on advise from their attorneys) since the event.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe Baldwin said something to the effect that they always follow safety protocol when handling firearms. If that's the case then they broke with protocol when this incident happened.

The AD should have never been the one to give Baldwin the firearm. That is the sole job of the armorer. I don't recall hearing anything about the armorer being anywhere in the vicinity.

Now if George Snuffelupagus were doing a proper interview he should have posed the question to Baldwin. "Where was the armorer when all of the firearm handling was taking place? and why was'nt she the one to transfer custody of the firearm per safety protocol?"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Agreed. I don't know exactly which revolver was used in this. I know LE commented some before on it, but I'm not sure it's been confirmed.
    The Sheriff who heads the department conducting the investigation in NM said it was a Pietta. The cite is posted upthread

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To him, the world is choking on hate.
    1) because he focuses on the hate in the world.
    2) because he himself is filled with hate. Therefore he projects that on everyone.
    The world might, however, be sipping a nice cup of schadenfreude over his particular situation :coffee:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "During his interview with Stephanopoulos, Baldwin insisted that he did not pull the trigger on the revolver that killed Hutchins, but said instead that he had the gun cocked, and when he let the hammer down, it misfired."

Ah, one of those hammers you can let down without pulling the trigger

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If that is really a Colt, the guy should have the **** slapped out of him! Very poor disassembly technique. And it's not his revolver.
    You don't know who 'the guy' is? lol. Most anybody that takes a SAA apart and back together tends to look awkward because a lot of them can be a PITA.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. One thing I am 100% convinced of: I have no idea what actually happened that day. How would I? I'm a guy behind a computer who's only source of information regarding this incident is news reports. Knowing that news reports are WOEFULLY inaccurate at times, I have no reliable source of information to make an informed decision. Maybe there are people on this forum that are plugged in and have a source right from the investigation. If so, I defer to your knowledge. For the rest of us, just because we don't like him, doesn't mean we know what happened. I see the same bias at work and it produces poor field investigations.
    Really? This is how you want to play?

Stomping on discussions with "you don't KNOW that!" is a very old, very tired, trick.

The inquiry into what we can "know" is a lot older than I am; and the general take-away is that we can "know" very little. I don't know that should wear a seat belt today. I didn't do the research, define the parameters for "should"; nor can I foretell the future of what will happen when I get in my car later. I can only collect information, consider the sources, apply my own experience and reason, and form an opinion. Fortunate for me, the word IDEA allows for supposition and opinion (at least according to Webster's). Yeah Me, I get to have an IDEA of what happened on a movie set I've never seen, with people I've never met, based on third+ hand information!

I get to vote too! Based on even less reliable information as it seems.

I don't know how your field investigations go. However, if they all start with reliable information, from credible sources, that are sufficient to deduce complete conclusions, well, then you are one very lucky guy!

I'll set my bar a little lower. I'll start with my belief that a woman died, it was due to a bullet, fired from a firearm that had at least one live round, AB was holding said firearm when said round discharged... and work my way back from there. If there wasn't a lady, or she didn't die, or there was no bullet, gun, etc., well the jokes on me. ...wait, but then I wouldn't be here...

"I think, therefore I am" Descartes

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I compare this situation to other I've been involved with at work, in my current assignment. We get community groups out here on occasion to play "police" for a day. One of the things they do is force on force with Glock Simunition handguns. They are only slightly modified Glocks that fire primer-only 9mm Simunition rounds. These community members play the part of a police officer and are confronted with a fire/no fire scenario. They are handed a holstered Glock and they are allowed to fire at the role players (me) if that force if they felt they needed to. The community members typically have ZERO firearms experience and 100% have to trust us when we tell them that the gun is loaded with Sim rounds and it is safe to fire at the role players with it. If a live round was fired, it would not be the fault of the community member firing the gun, they had no way of knowing, but rather the person they trusted to ensure it was safe. Some actors are gun people and can safety check their own equipment. Some actors are significantly deficient in that knowledge and rely on others for that. Is that what happened here? I don't know. I do know it is POSSIBLE he is not responsible.

Top Bottom