• ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Some random thoughts.

IIRC the deceased DP's husband who was not connected with the movie was given a producers role after the shooting, what kind of a whore does that make him?

IIRC this was a tier 2 movie. My last experience with a tier 2 movie was close to a decade ago so much may have changed. If a tier 2 goes over a set budget the crew members all must be paid back pay and benefits for the salary concessions they gave up for the lower budget movie. Rentals may also be similarly effected. This can run into some very serious money. Since they are pretty much starting from scratch startup money, bonding, etc must be very expensive. Production company must already be paying quite a bit of money in civil suits. Where is all of this additional money coming from for a low budget movie with little chance of commercial success?

The armorer should have had training, and followed written procedures. Baldwin had many hours of set firearm training from multiple people on multiple big budget films. I had a conversation with an AD regarding this a few months ago. I was stunned that his union the DGA does not give their people any training about set firearm handling and has no plans to do so. They completely rely on the armorer and are not in any way trained for how to respond to what the armorer does or how they do it. The AD I spoke to says he has never even touched a gun in his life and has worked on multiple films involving firearms. I find this nuts, how was the Rust AD even charged if he had no formal knowledge or training of how firearms are supposed to be handled.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Not to defend this, but the twilight zone movie, the crow, the x files, and lots more movies any tv shows had deaths while filming and went on to be finished and released, AGAIN I’m not saying it’s right, but that it happens!
    I know that it has happened in the past, but my recollection was Arec Bawdrin himself claiming that the movie was never going to be finished out of respect for the deceased. Plus, I now get to use a Team America reference.

1682416311054.png

mikegreer1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2023
    East TN U. S. A.
    A Single-Action Revolver...REQUIRES that the hammer be pulled back, manually, PRIOR to releasing it either by holding the trigger back and releasing it from the thumb, or by simply pulling the trigger after the hammer was locked in the cocked position...so there's more to it than just 'pulling the trigger'!
    I have a colt 45 Uberti El Patron.. single action.
    I tried everything I could to get it to fire without pulling the trigger never could.
    You also wouldn't believe how many adults I've handed it to,after checking it for empty, turns it towards someone cocks it dry fires it and says "I beat you to the draw."

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have a colt 45 Uberti El Patron.. single action.
    I tried everything I could to get it to fire without pulling the trigger, never could.
    You also wouldn't believe how many adults I've handed it to, after checking it for empty, turns it towards someone cocks it dry fires it and says, "I beat you to the draw."
    Nostalgia...is not an excuse for poor choice behavior!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Emily Miller has a story on 'the Federalist'
    She posted about it on FB.

And of course I see comments about, it was all to go after Baldwin, it was not a shooting range, he was NOT responsible.

Anyone interested in agreeing/disagreeing?
    (note: I disagree. I think he was responsible.)
    Discussion on FB
    go down to 'Alec Baldwin gets the best Justice money can buy'

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I believe there is already a Baldwin thread, but is it just me or does something not smell right about the weapon in question breaking during testing?

seems like independent experts are now going to test it to see if it could have fired!
    It's called, "Too big to jail"
    A relatively new concept that I am not in favor of supporting.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He didn't pull the trigger. The gun was broken.

And you know, there's people that's supposed to check that stuff out so they can play dress up without someone getting killed.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

And you know, there's people that's supposed to check that stuff out so they can play dress up without someone getting killed.
    Yes indeed if I recall a person here called me to the mat for suggesting firearms safety applies everywhere including the land of the fruits and nuts. Wow did they tell me how it is there. Regardless at the end of the day there is no excuse for the events that took place that day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I will admit my ignorance about how "Hollywood" works about some things. With that said I have questions/doubts about why there was ANY live ammo at the set.
    Negligence. Sheer and utter negligence.

Apparently the noob cast and crew liked to "play" with the guns in their down time, shooting at stuff. And being noobs they didnt fully grasp the gravity of the situation and didnt adequately take precautions to guarantee no live rounds would make it to the props area. I'm sure the level of vigilance needed would have been seen by them as being paranoid. You know, like only using factory ammo in boxes, knowing how many live rounds were brought to the property, how many were fired, guaranteeing that all spent brass was accounted for, making sure no dummy rounds were anywhere near live ones, etc.

Doing what they did COULD have been done safely. But anyone trying to do what was required would have been laughed at. So instead it sounds like at best, live rounds got mixed into dummies, at worst they were storing live with dummies.

mikegreer1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2023
    East TN U. S. A.

Try this its interesting.....
    Take your 45 single action, make sure its empty, put in crossdraw. Draw the 45, kinda fast like a shootout. Leave trigger finger out of trigger guard and thumb on hammer cocking it as you draw. Notice... You only have three fingers (middle, ring and little), supporting the pistol. I dropped mine twice before I put my trigger in the trigger guard for support.
    Also dropped the hammer a couple of times by bumping the trigger while bringing my thumb back to grip.
    PS.. I never pulled the trigger but I did "fire" the pistol. The difference.. I made sure mine was empty as anyone handling a real gun has the individual responsibility to do.

Top Bottom