• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have definite doubts on how humorous most LEOs would find it, about you flashing a non-LEO badge around... I know some on here might find that fun, but I like to stay below the radar as much as possible.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Why carry a shield if your not a law enforcement officer, loss prevention officer, private investigator or security guard etc?

No you are not impersonating a public servant by merely wearing a shield - unless you are acting as such with intent to mislead - per I.C. 35-45-2-3

I just think its dumb - why draw attention to yourself? I used to be all "gung ho" about first becoming a cop but this phase burns out right quick!

The best advantage is concealment/stealth.... :twocents:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i was just asking because the leos in my town go nuts with oc and stop you take your gun check everything out which can take these guys twenty to thirty minutes.thanks for the input:rockwoot:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, as I recall we had another heated thread about OC and cops. Some cops are cool about it and some cops will be all over you. I'd rather not give them any more reasons to interact with me than they can come up with on their own.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i live in goshen Indiana.im not saying one way or the other (good or bad)about the badge.for me they are to much $.i was just wondering.i have just started ocing more due to the fact people are being robbed right in the parking lots of stores,hoping it will detour someone from tring to rob me.the leos here see a gun and just see bad person first :draw: ask questions second:chillout:

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Everyone seems to be worried about the LEOs knowing that you're packing, I see it that if I have a badge on the crimenal will also know I am carrying. And in the wrong situation that means if they have the oppurtunity I am going to be the first one they take out. That is why I will not open carry and would be against any kind of identifier that points me out like a neon sign.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a LEO, if I stopped someone with a CC badge my only thought/comment would be, "Wow that is really....GAY". That's it.

So . . . you wouldn't be impressed?:D

Leave the badges for the back pages of Soldier of Fiction magazine.

Get your pink card, get it laminated, carry it, keep a copy of it in your glovebox and briefcase or wallet.

No reason to have you thought of as some Strange Ranger/Cop Wannabe. No benefit in that.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    So . . . you wouldn't be impressed?:D

Leave the badges for the back pages of Soldier of Fiction magazine.

Get your pink card, get it laminated, carry it, keep a copy of it in your glovebox and briefcase or wallet.

No reason to have you thought of as some Strange Ranger/Cop Wannabe. No benefit in that.

I've heard that if your carrying a CC badge in Broadripple the POs will buy you coffee. :D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I've heard that if your carrying a CC badge in Broadripple the POs will buy you coffee. :D

Their are alot less officer's that do that now.
    (just messing with you Kirk-Love your sigline by the way)

Seriously, though, anybody wanna OC in Goshen this spring? Gotta wear too much outerwear this time of year, but in the spring, I'll be OCing again.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    i live in goshen Indiana.im not saying one way or the other (good or bad)about the badge.for me they are to much $.i was just wondering.i have just started ocing more due to the fact people are being robbed right in the parking lots of stores,hoping it will detour someone from tring to rob me.the leos here see a gun and just see bad person first :draw: ask questions second:chillout:

Has this happened to you personally? If so, I would definately send a letter to the police chief and ask to have a meeting with him. Goshen police should know that OC is legal in Indiana and you don't stop someone unless there's some other reason. Goshen ain't that big (30K, right?), you should be able to get the police educated. I'll be some INGOers who live in the Goshen/Elkhart area might be willing to give you a hand.

Top Bottom