• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There is no doubt in my opinion that the average armed citizen is better shooter than your average police officer. However when it comes to other combative skill sets besides the gun including force on force training they are about neck and neck.
    That would depend on the department's training. I get detailed out to our range to assist in our in-services and we do good training. After an 8 hr day of shooting, most are sore and tired. We do a lot of immediate action drills. We shoot blank guns during the scenarios. There is quite a bit of yelling, confusion, and sirens while training. They do drills while holding notebooks, flashlights, and handcuffs. They get training to verbalize but no shots fired. We run and we turn before shooting. We train to work with other officers, cover them while they reload and vise versa. It's good stuff. Even our worst shooters don't do too bad. Each officer has to take the 8hr in service twice a year. It takes about 3 months to get all 1800 officers through the class. I like our training and would put it up against ANY that is taught in Indiana. Many non-LEO's would pay money for this type of training. Most Fri's are open to ANY officer that wants to come out and shoot, dept provides the ammo.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Denny, I am glad to hear it. Understand I am coming from the east coast and have some very close connections to Baltimore PD and the NYPD along with many other agencies and the type of training you are talking about is just not happening on a large scale here. Good to see your agency is progressive and getting the job done.- George

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny, I am glad to hear it. Understand I am coming from the east coast and have some very close connections to Baltimore PD and the NYPD along with many other agencies and the type of training you are talking about is just not happening on a large scale here. Good to see your agency is progressive and getting the job done.- George
    I hear you. I came from a dept that our firearms training consisted of a 30rd qualifying course twice a year. That was it. It was crazy.

Top Bottom