• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    OK. I posted in here a white ago about wanting to do something different with my Glock 35 since I just don't really enjoy it and it sits in my safe.

Yesterday I went to the range and one of the instructors brought his G35. He had some hi-viz sights on it, an aftermarket slip-on grip, and an aftermarket barrel with a muzzle break. Well, I didn't care for any of that. BUT then I got to playing with it. The trigger on it is waaaaaaaay sweeter than any stock 1911 trigger I ever felt.

BUT, he was pretty damn secretive about it. All he was willing to say is that he had to fit some parts and replace some springs. I wanted to tear into it and see what he had going on in there but, he was definitely not going to let that happen.

I was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with "do it yourself aftermarket Glock triggers. Just feeling that gave me a definite starting point.

(The RMR has been bumped back to #2)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Sounds like something I do myself for a lot less money:D
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Yep. If you look at what they are doing, you can DIY or have an armorer do it for cheaper.

Seems like a lighter spring set, and high polish internals, and an over-travel stop.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    When I get a Glock, I want to get a good trigger than the factory but the Skimmer trigger advertised by Travis Haley is just so expensive for a damn trigger

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The pre-travel is the part that has me stumped....
    Look up fitting the ghost rocket connector. That little tab is the overtravel stop and has to be fitted using an orange armorers backplate (to release the striker without pulling the trigger as you won't be able to)

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Look up fitting the ghost rocket connector. That little tab is the overtravel stop and has to be fitted using an orange armorers backplate (to release the striker without pulling the trigger as you won't be able to)

Yeah, but that's for the over travel. I want to take out the pre-travel. The "slack" in the trigger. It's a non-issue after the first round (if you re-set the trigger) but, I want my "custom" trigger to be something I like everything about... I can take care of the overtravel without any expensive pieces....

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I know how to get rid of some of the slack in the trigger, but I would be interested in seing the geometry of the trigger that guy is peddling...

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Recently put a Gen 4 Glock 27 next to a Gen 3 G26 and noticed the Gen 4 trigger is set well behind the starting position on the gen 3.

Assuming that's taking out the pretravel you're talking about, is that a stock change on the gen 4's?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Pretavel/take up is an integral part of the striker plunger safety. Get rid of too much and it's like not having that safety at all.

I am interested in removing overtravel, not pretravel.

AFAIK you have to drill some stuff on the receiver to get rid of pretravel.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    You can also shorten the amount of travel the trigger needs to go through to release the striker...

As for the plunger safety, IMO, it is a feel good safety that is not required. The striker cannot be engaged externally.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The Haley trigger still has "some" (I know... How much?!) pretravel. I'll have to play with it back to back with another stock Glock to compare, but it distinctly NOT like a 1911 trigger. It is clearly still a Glock trigger.

Top Bottom