Autozone vs Advanced vs O'Reilly's vs NAPA??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    After all my experience I now only deal with Advance Auto Parts exclusively. They have the best warranty system going. I stay away from their lowest priced parts, everything else is quality and good to go. And I think the company does a better job of managing and training the employees. Never been disappointed with employees at Advance.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Never been to an O'Reilly's. If I need something cheap and disposable, Advanced Auto is fine. If I need something with higher quality, Napa it is. If I want fake chrome stick-ons and a bunch of crap to stick on my truck, I head to Autozone. I usually end up at Advanced Auto. I've been to Napa for specialty batteries and some machining as even one of the small, independent machine shops thought the local Napa would be able to a better job, quicker.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I like NAPA. I have grown to hate the discount chain auto parts places. It costs lots of time and effort to work on a car, and I for SURE do not want to do the job twice due to cheaper quality parts. I am willing to pay the price for parts that are exactly as good if not better than factory parts. Sometimes they have to order them, but NAPA usually has the choice of a cheaper part or a premium part. One Sunday I needed a fuel pump relay for my wifes car and got one from auto zone. You would tell it was crappy quality. Two weeks later I was out of town she had to get it towed to the dealer who found that same relay had gone bad. Saving $10 on that auto zone relay cost a $120 tow bill, a $90 mechanic bill, and I STILL had to pay for a quality factory part. The factory part has been fine for over a year.

When I used to do work in high crime areas at night, a car breakdown could mean my life. Even if I lived through the ordeal, my car would have been stripped, vandalized burned or stolen before I could get back with a tow truck. I would rather pay $90 for a premium American part than $24 for some chinese junk part. I think my life and my family are worth it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    O'reillys. I have 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds and they carry a lot of the parts that no one else does. IF they don't have them I can usually get them in one day and sometimes the same day.
    IF I need some parts I've used Genesis auto parts on line. My electric fuel pumps for my Jeeps were only $62 delivered to my door. I had them both in 4 days. Perfect fit and performance. Complete assembly.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I like NAPA. I have grown to hate the discount chain auto parts places. It costs lots of time and effort to work on a car, and I for SURE do not want to do the job twice due to cheaper quality parts. I am willing to pay the price for parts that are exactly as good if not better than factory parts. Sometimes they have to order them, but NAPA usually has the choice of a cheaper part or a premium part. One Sunday I needed a fuel pump relay for my wifes car and got one from auto zone. You would tell it was crappy quality. Two weeks later I was out of town she had to get it towed to the dealer who found that same relay had gone bad. Saving $10 on that auto zone relay cost a $120 tow bill, a $90 mechanic bill, and I STILL had to pay for a quality factory part. The factory part has been fine for over a year.

When I used to do work in high crime areas at night, a car breakdown could mean my life. Even if I lived through the ordeal, my car would have been stripped, vandalized burned or stolen before I could get back with a tow truck. I would rather pay $90 for a premium American part than $24 for some chinese junk part. I think my life and my family are worth it.

Then why bother buying the cheaper quality stuff? Advance Auto usually has 2 if not 3 grades of quality for parts they carry. At least that is what I have discerned from dealing with them. I usually buy the highest quality they have to offer and have not been let down or disappointed yet. That old saying you get what you pay for no longer applies as simply or directly as it used to. Now if you buy a name brand part (or name brand anything) you might be buying some total crap made in china with a an American brand name stuck on it. Nope I find the people that can take care of me, that I trust and that is where I keep going back to.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I usually shop at Advance. They price match. BUT the people behind the counter make the difference, no matter the store. Autozone pays so little......you get what you pay for.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Then why bother buying the cheaper quality stuff?.

That was the only part available in the city of Lafayette that day. I should just gotten a quality part Monday morning. I gambled and lost. I learned.

I definately agree that I like to go to the suppliers that take good care of me, and are knowledgeable. Sounds like you found a good place.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Depends on what it is. I use autozone alot, but not for everything. If it's more of the critical parts then I use nappa or worse... dealer.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    NAPA when at all possible. The guys that work there know what they are talking about. They always sell a quality product, and they stand behind it!

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I have to agree Our Logansport napa is first rate, the guys are very helpful and if they are not sure they will find out and not try to BS there way

Heck, they got a guy behind the counter that is damn near expert in every maker. Ford, Chevy, Chrslyer/Dodge. Whatever Im working on dictates who I talk to. Also common for me to talk to the machine shop guys when something weird comes up.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    If I need fuzzy dice or random fluids, I will go to whoever is cheapest. But for car parts, I go to either car quest or NAPA. No need and seeing how good their warranty is replacing a failed part.

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I typically order from RockAuto Parts Catalog and use their 5% off coupon code that is easily found online. They stock name brand parts and usually are one of the best deals I can find even after shipping.

Their shipping is quick, typically 3-4 days with standard shipping.

Once I found Rock Auto I stopped going to the regular stores. If it's something I need right now it's Autozone. If I can wait it will always be Rock auto

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Anybody but PepBoys. They were caught red-handed terminating reservists who were in line to be called up to active duty in the early 2000's. Ended up being an out-of-court settlement. Not :twocents: from me.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Regardless of where you go, you should always buy OEM for anything that takes any amount of labor you do not wish to do again.
    I'm with ya there.... I replaced the fuel pump in my truck (inside tank)... I got the name-brand lifetime warranty one... not so much because I thought I may need the warranty, just that if a company will warranty it for life, then it almost has to be a step above the rest and thats what I want on a job that takes hours of painstaking labor (if you don't have a lift) just to replace a $450 part...

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I'm with ya there.... I replaced the fuel pump in my truck (inside tank)... I got the name-brand lifetime warranty one... not so much because I thought I may need the warranty, just that if a company will warranty it for life, then it almost has to be a step above the rest and thats what I want on a job that takes hours of painstaking labor (if you don't have a lift) just to replace a $450 part...

Someone please tell this guy that you dont have to replace the whole fuel pump and sender module. You can buy and replace just the pump for a fraction of the module cost. (Still get the OEM pump)

Oh nevermind...I just told him. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom