Autozone vs Advanced vs O'Reilly's vs NAPA??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    It depends on what you're looking for, and varies by location.

Most of the general parts like fluids, wires, screws, etc... I go to Advance. They're fairly knowledgeable there and have decent selection. Not the best, but usually good enough.

The O'Reileys around here is all young guys who don't know a drain plug from a spark plug, so I tend to avoid there.

Autozone seldom has what I need, and lots of their parts are junk. I've had some problems with wheel bearings and strut mounts from there that didn't last too long. Not to mention the one around here always has long lines, and seems to be the only parts store in town that is willing to cater to Spanish speakers, so it's packed and no one speaks English.

Napa isn't bad. Fairly knowledgeable, a little pricey, but they can usually get their hands on stuff the others can't. Plus they usually have plenty of diesel items in stock and on sale.

For the real parts I usually order elsewhere. Tousley Ford has all the OEM parts for prices you can't beat. I also tend to get most of my Dodge/Fleetguard parts from Geno's Garage.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    My local NAPA has excellent customer service and I go to it over AutoZone. They go the extra mile. The prices are usually competitive although not always the lowest, but I still go there first and only go to AutoZone on the rare occasion that NAPA doesn't have the part.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I like the alternative recommendations... I checked out rockauto... good prices for sure... I'll tell you one thing... I wasted some money at Advanced the other night on new lightbulbs for my car... wow do they have a mark-up on them... I think in the future it'll just be rockauto for me...

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Haven't set foot in an Autozone since they canned an employee for using a firearm to protect the life of his supervisor. Will never go there again. No big loss, their parts are usually sub par. I go with Orelly, the local guys are helpful, or Napa, for the same reason. If I'm buying electric parts, always OE or Napa.

eta: my local advance is always understaffed, so they're my last choice. Again, autozone isn't even on the list.

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I always go to O'Reileys they usually have the best prices and they can get AC Delco Parts and the Warehouse is just 5 mins away. So if i need a special part i can get it quick without waiting days on shipping like the other Auto stores...

Napa is good but usually over priced

Autozone stop going there bc of their electrical parts suck.

Advanced is just about like Autozone...

So for me its O'Reileys, Napa, Carquest, Dealer

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    Advance because its the close. Never O'Reiley, there place always looks like a waste land in the summer, never paying attention to the lawn. Makes the neighborhood look bad. Kind of reminds me of that home in the hood that has cars on blocks and you would never know anyone lived there.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've bought things at all of them over the years, but NAPA is the go-to during the week, but I can also put it on the farm account and then pay it back.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Auto Parts: Amazon.com ...if time permits.

They know my vehicles and what fits (kinda.)
    Competitive pricing.
    They bring it to my door.
    For now, we don't have to pay the revenuers.

I bought my last battery there. Saved enough costs in driving, time, core charging, taxing, etc, ot justify an Optima.

Last edited:

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I spent plenty of time at a independently owned shop. If we needed an intake gasket for a gm product we went with Oreillys. Anything and everything else was napa. My brother owns a motorcycle shop and sends all his head work to a local napa. My vote goes to napa.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I do rock auto if i can wait, then advance or oreilly. Haven't been to a napa in a while, but never an autozone, their stuff is crap.

Basically, i like to have options when I purchase parts. The three I frequent usually give me several options in manufacturers with various quality levels (like brake parts) to choose from. Autozone give you duralast, which, in my opinion, is typically crap. Napa closes too early for me. I usually buy my parts in the evening or weekends, when they are closed

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I feel as if auto zone's parts are of the poorest of quality of any part store listed on the poll. I usually go to advance with good results, and napa is a bit more expensive.

Top Bottom