• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan that has crack/peeling vinyl drivers seat and needing somebody to repair or replace them.... anybody have any recommendations? I like to get them fixed or replaced before they get any worse...

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    My dad has used this guy a few times, rebuilt some boat seats, Re covered the seat in mom’s mustang and recently Redid the seat on his Harley.
    he does‘nt answer the phone a lot, because he’s a one man shop. He does do excellent work and is reasonable on price too.

309 west poplar street , Greencastle, IN, United States, 46135
    Address
    mxbGn5aKz1f.png

• (765) 630-8089
      Mobile
    VtfpQ9pmUXR.png

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am not sure what color you have, but there are multiple sellers on E-Bay selling factory OEM replacement covers.

I have done several sets myself, it takes a little time, but not too bad to do. Buy a hog ring and plyer set off Amazon and do it yourself.

djay7677

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2022
    Mishawaka IN
    You can usually find a drivers seat at a junk yard for like $100 if you search for a like new condition one. Look on
    car-part.com and search.

Those dodge caravan seats are a pain to change but if you are a little handy then it's not too bad.

I'm not too sure how much reupholstering cost but when I went to a shop to have a recliner quoted, it was more than the whole unit cost new.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not too sure how much reupholstering cost but when I went to a shop to have a recliner quoted, it was more than the whole unit cost new.

I had a set of Audi buckets custom reupholstered for the Super Bee a year or so ago. It was $1700.00. . . and I supplied the material. They turned out great, but pricey.

20200105_120418.jpg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I am not sure what color you have, but there are multiple sellers on E-Bay selling factory OEM replacement covers.

I have done several sets myself, it takes a little time, but not too bad to do. Buy a hog ring and plyer set off Amazon and do it yourself.

Yup, this plus hog ring pliers is very doable. If the foam is deteriorated you can cut the rotted bits out and glue in a piece of new foam to fit. The hog rings and stretching the cover are annoying but simple.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I saw the thread title and it caught my eye so I decided to read into it. Pretty ironic that I have a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country with cracking seats. I guess there’s a pattern developing here. I was going to do something about it but the thing has 285,000 miles on it and as long as the body doesn’t fall off I’m keeping it until it completely expires.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I saw the thread title and it caught my eye so I decided to read into it. Pretty ironic that I have a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country with cracking seats. I guess there’s a pattern developing here. I was going to do something about it but the thing has 285,000 miles on it and as long as the body doesn’t fall off I’m keeping it until it completely expires.
    from what I read, it's a common problem in these vans apparently... my van only has 133k on the clock, so trying to keep it nice a while longer.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have a 2008 Chevy Equinox with "leather" interior that was a $600. option which is a mix of leather and vinyl.
    Of course the the vinyl part is cracking. It is a med gray almost the color of duct tape, red neck option!

Top Bottom