• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Nah, mine is powered by International Harvester, and soon to be refined by some of Mr. Banks finest. :D
    I own 2 fords and 1 has got a International as well . That being said I own 2 doges also ! Im a chevy man at heart but to be honest they are all the same realy ! All break and wear out . Fords broke down now (International) as soon as I fix it something else in the driveway will brake ! SO IT GOES !

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    Dealers make very little on new cars. I sold cars for a Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealer in Indy. After all the rebates, incentives and whatnot there is very little room for negotiation when selling a new car. I always hated selling them because I'd only make about $150 after negotiating all the livelong day. I always liked selling the used cars. Markup is rediculous after raping folks on trade-ins. There is A LOT of room for negotiating a used car sale, just do your research to determine a fair price. But as far as new cars go, don't be suprised if dealers don't move much.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Dealers make very little on new cars. I sold cars for a Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealer in Indy. After all the rebates, incentives and whatnot there is very little room for negotiation when selling a new car. I always hated selling them because I'd only make about $150 after negotiating all the livelong day. I always liked selling the used cars. Markup is rediculous after raping folks on trade-ins. There is A LOT of room for negotiating a used car sale, just do your research to determine a fair price. But as far as new cars go, don't be suprised if dealers don't move much.

Well luckly this is a want not a need, my chevy now only has 54000 on it.
    I just thought that damn my G26 would look good in a new truck! :D

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Go with the Chevy
    They are made in Indiana @ the Ft .Wayne plant help America and the State

There are several of your fellow residents assembling automobiles in this state:

4700 at Princeton for Toyota.

2900 at Fort Wayne Assembly for GM.

2400 in Lafayette for Subaru/Toyota.

2300 in South Bend for AM General.

2000 in Greensburg for Honda.

There are untold numbers working at the component plants and suppliers in this state as well.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've been looking at getting a new pickup, and decided on either a Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ or a Ford F-250 Lariat. Figured this was a good time to get one cause all you hear is how much the auto dealers are hurting.
    Well the Chevy dealer where I got my last pickup has what I wanted sitting on the lot, go in and talk to a salesman, go for a test drive ask what the best price is and we're 1500 dollars apart in what they want and what I'll pay. I tell him he has a sale, there'll be no financing and he won't come down in price, I tell him to go talk to his boss and let me know, he comes back and tells me that they won't go any lower, no dealing at all. Pretty much the same answer at the Ford dealership that I found a truck that I like but it was 2500 dollars difference.
    They can't be hurting to bad if they won't deal with someone that is ready to buy a new truck.
    Just thought I'd share.

Contrary to what has been posted, some car dealers will deal. I had the local small town car dealer tell me, "we all pay the same for these trucks". That is very true but what he didn't say "Is that we all will sell it to you for the same price". Ended up buying at Andy Mohr Nissan. Great salesman, Ryan Hayes, was fair, honest and offered the wife a deal that she couldn't refuse. Our last 3 purchases have been from Andy Mohr, Chevrolet, Toyota and now Nissan. Didn't have any luck at Andy Mohr Ford, same situation, did not want to deal, walked out.

PS - I'd rather go to the dentist in lieu of hearing the Car Dealer BS and how we don't make any money.

and the Nissan is made in Tennessee ;)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Contrary to what has been posted, some car dealers will deal. I had the local small town car dealer tell me, "we all pay the same for these trucks". That is very true but what he didn't say "Is that we all will sell it to you for the same price". Ended up buying at Andy Mohr Nissan. Great salesman, Ryan Hayes, was fair, honest and offered the wife a deal that she couldn't refuse. Our last 3 purchases have been from Andy Mohr, Chevrolet, Toyota and now Nissan. Didn't have any luck at Andy Mohr Ford, same situation, did not want to deal, walked out.

PS - I'd rather go to the dentist in lieu of hearing the Car Dealer BS and how we don't make any money.

and the Nissan is made in Tennessee ;)

If you had said something we could have made it a road trip and picked it up straight out of the factory doors! There's this place in Lynchburg that I know of. :cheers:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They don't need to make sales. They are stealing our money from via the "bailouts" now.

big3bailoutad.jpg

Top Bottom