• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My brothers & sisters... (or fellow patriots)
    I'm the Commander of VFW Post 1279 in Rensselaer. We're in the midst of a re-decoration of our large dining hall.

I'm looking for military items from any branch, from any time period.

Surplus items or gear.
    Rank pins / patches, and other uniform items like ribbons and medals, hats...
    Anything you have from military service... a bayonet, a blank adaptor, a canteen... (OK we already have a canteen, but you get the idea)
    A spool of commo wire... an old PS magazine, SPOT report card, "friend / threat" cards or posters, anything, however weird.

I know this is supposed to be a "wanted to buy" thread, but I'm asking for "wanted, donations" first.
    This isn't for me personally. Accepted items will go on display in our VFW... to honor the service of our nations combat veterans.

This VFW post is in NWI so I can't be driving down to Maddison to get things, but if you're close, willing to meet halfway, can mail things...

PM with anything you have.
    Thanks so much... for your service, and / or for your help here.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My brothers & sisters...
    I'm the Commander of VFW Post 1279 in Rensselaer. We're in the midst of a re-decoration of our large dining hall.

I'm looking for military items from any branch, from any time period.

Surplus items or gear.
    Rank pins / patches, and other uniform items like ribbons and medals, hats...
    Anything you have from military service... a bayonet, a blank adaptor, a canteen... (OK we already have a canteen, but you get the idea)
    A spool of commo wire... an old PS magazine, SPOT report card, "friend / threat" cards or posters, anything, however weird.

I know this is supposed to be a "wanted to buy" thread, but I'm asking for "wanted, donations" first.
    This isn't for me personally. Accepted items will go on display in our VFW... to honor the service of our nations combat veterans.

This VFW post is in NWI so I can't be driving down to Maddison to get things, but if you're close, willing to meet halfway, can mail things...

PM with anything you have.
    Thanks so much... for your service, and for your help here.
    And relays have been done in the past for group buys. For example somebody in Clarksville has something for you. Somebody in Seymour works in Louisville and meets up to get it. Somebody from Indy Is taking a trip south and meets up with Seymour guy. Indy guy gets back home and Lafayette guy is gonna be in Indy in a week, etc. etc etc.

So INGO has ways of getting gear where it needs to go.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    And relays have been done in the past for group buys. For example somebody in Clarksville has something for you. Somebody in Seymour works in Louisville and meets up to get it. Somebody from Indy Is taking a trip south and meets up with Seymour guy. Indy guy gets back home and Lafayette guy is gonna be in Indy in a week, etc. etc etc.

So INGO has ways of getting gear where it needs to go.
    Outstanding idea...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    20231108_135929.jpg I just posted yesterday asking about any Korean war vets.
    This plaque is yours if you would like.
    I am in Lafayette so I'm sure we can work out some sort of meet up.

Top Bottom