• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Was one of the ATF agents sent to Atlanta for the Olympics bombing to scour the scene He knows NOTHING about firearms or firearm laws.
    Pretty much explains the ATF......
    I mean, there's also alcohol, tobacco, and explosives for him to deal with.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Pretty sure ATF agents are taught not to give legal advice to citizens, only to observe and enforce the laws. By being at the shows, they are available to citizens wishing to offer information of illegal activity at those shows or elsewhere.

Next 1500, if the BATFE is there, I’m going to report what I think is evidence of illegal activity. About 6 weeks ago, I was contacted by a detective from the Chicago PD asking me about a gun that he said their research pointed them to me. He said that it was not used in a crime but was simply recovered from the car of someone arrested that was not legally allowed to have that gun.

I remembered exactly what gun he was talking about since he said that it was a plastic pistol made in the Czech Republic that was in .40. I bought that pistol used from Bradis.

I think that the fact that they found my name from a gun that was not used in a crime points to the BATFE having an illegal database of gun owners. There’s no way that they started with CZ, then went to a distributor, then to the first gun shop that it sold from, who searched their records to point to a gun owner that pointed them to the second gun shop where he/she had sold it, who pointed them to me. On a non-crime related gun.

The only realistic way Chicago PD would have my name is if the BATFE has a database that they are able to search upon request. This would be illegal.

BTW, I was able to truthfully state that I sold the gun through a private sale to a person that is an Indiana resident and is a proper person but that I recorded no information at the time of the sale. It does suck about that gun though. It was an early P07 in .40 and had a nice set of Night Fission night sights and Talon grip tapes on it. It is most certainly going to be destroyed, which sucks. It was a nice gun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think that the fact that they found my name from a gun that was not used in a crime points to the BATFE having an illegal database of gun owners. There’s no way that they started with CZ, then went to a distributor, then to the first gun shop that it sold from, who searched their records to point to a gun owner that pointed them to the second gun shop where he/she had sold it, who pointed them to me. On a non-crime related gun.

Maybe he sold it to Bradis because he bought it from Bradis?* That is plausible. Especially if the guy either flips regularly (I know one of those) or just isnt real well versed in gun shops and just went back to the shop he knows. :dunno:

But I understand your tinfoil. Watching them run 4473s online, or big box retailers that use an electronic 4473 system instead of paper add fuel to that fire.

*To be clear that would explain the traceability of a used firearm. It left the shop on a 4473 which gets them in the door. Its return into their books would keep them there, and ultimately lead them to you.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Next 1500, if the BATFE is there, I’m going to report what I think is evidence of illegal activity. About 6 weeks ago, I was contacted by a detective from the Chicago PD asking me about a gun that he said their research pointed them to me. He said that it was not used in a crime but was simply recovered from the car of someone arrested that was not legally allowed to have that gun.
    Well that sounds like a crime to me. :dunno:

I remembered exactly what gun he was talking about since he said that it was a plastic pistol made in the Czech Republic that was in .40. I bought that pistol used from Bradis.

If it was in the possession of a felon, then it was used in a crime, and they have a valid reason to trace it. Who knows, maybe it was stolen.

The only realistic way Chicago PD would have my name is if the BATFE has a database that they are able to search upon request. This would be illegal.
    There's a number of ways this could have happened.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I wonder what would happen if the show promoter declined their request for a table rental, or put the table in a room/area all by itself away from the rest of the vendors. I just figure The Man is at any and all gun-type expos and events. In as much as I think the ATF should be a convenience store, the least they could do is bring some forfeiture items to sale.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    You know how people selling parts at gun shows always have them in those compartmentalized trays that have a lid on them? You figure that's to prevent theft, right?

Wrong.

ATF agents used to send informants through gun shows to drop machine gun parts into parts bins, then agents would come through, "find" the parts and arrest the parts vendors. The vendors had to start using those trays to protect themselves.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You know how people selling parts at gun shows always have them in those compartmentalized trays that have a lid on them? You figure that's to prevent theft, right?

Wrong.

ATF agents used to send informants through gun shows to drop machine gun parts into parts bins, then agents would come through, "find" the parts and arrest the parts vendors. The vendors had to start using those trays to protect themselves.
    I've always held your posts in high regard.

But forgive me, this sounds a little tinFoilHat. Did the atf have it out for this vendor? Did the charges stick?

I'm in no way calling you a liar, and I'll definitely believe you on this one. But it's pretty far out.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Wrong.

Where has this happened at?
    40 plus years of gunshows around the DC beltway and ive never heard of such a thing going on.
    Edit.
    I will add over that time every interaction ive witnessed or been in with the ATF has been nothing but Professional and Courteous.
    And that includes gun shows, gun stores and my home.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Next gun show I go to, I'm wearing my covid mask, May help keep my picture from being used on some list.

We're LONG past that working. Facial recognition software was perfected well before covid and they tested the hell out of it here in the US during covid. It was well known to work great in China but wasn't tested much here as most here never wore masks. Until now.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We're LONG past that working. Facial recognition software was perfected well before covid and they tested the hell out of it here in the US during covid. It was well known to work great in China but wasn't tested much here as most here never wore masks. Until now.
    Walmart Corporation has and use some of the best facial recognition software in the industry.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Did you get a chance to ask them, "What is the best round for shooting a woman through the door while she's holding her baby?", or "What round do you recommend for dispatching a child?", or "What's a good cartridge for a dog?".

To be fair to them, it is the FBI that shoots women holding babies through doors.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Where has this happened at?
    40 plus years of gunshows around the DC beltway and ive never heard of such a thing going on.
    Edit.
    I will add over that time every interaction ive witnessed or been in with the ATF has been nothing but Professional and Courteous.
    And that includes gun shows, gun stores and my home.
    5ogmmo.jpg

Top Bottom