• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    ATFE used to set up at the Indy1500 but quit in tears when I used to stroll about yelling out for Sammy Weaver, asking them if they had seen Samuel Weaver, and I would sing the theme song to F Troop. They won't be back.

Cool, but did you modify the lyrics to finish:

"Before they resume
    with a bang and a boom--
    A-T-F TROOP!!"
    ??

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Now not speaking specifically about the agents at this gun show, but there are many ATF agents that have nothing to do with firearms. My cousin retired form the Ft Wayne ATF and spent his career as an explosives expert/investigator. Was one of the ATF agents sent to Atlanta for the Olympics bombing to scour the scene He knows NOTHING about firearms or firearm laws.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm going with intimidation tactic.
    This might be a way to get many not to show up at a gun show once word gets out and they make their presence felt at each show or the popular ones. Best thing for the gun show groups to do is tell them no you can't set up at our shows.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm sure there have been multiple under cover ATF agents at gun shows in the past.
    Some people feel pressure even if what they are doing is legal when they see agents in uniform.
    Indeed. But there is a real possibility there there were NO under cover agents. The boogieman isn't around every corner but perception is reality and some live totally in their own realities.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Indeed. But there is a real possibility there there were NO under cover agents. The boogieman isn't around every corner but perception is reality and some live totally in their own realities.
    That is the nice thing about the secret police.

They have a chilling effect on people practicing their rights and they don't even have to kick every door and shoot every dog, just one every now and then to remind peons like me about who is in charge.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Was one of the ATF agents sent to Atlanta for the Olympics bombing to scour the scene He knows NOTHING about firearms or firearm laws.
    Pretty much explains the ATF......

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Was one of the ATF agents sent to Atlanta for the Olympics bombing to scour the scene He knows NOTHING about firearms or firearm laws.
    Pretty much explains the ATF......
    Right and he was never involved/tasked with enforcing firearm laws. Explosives is within their purview even though it's not in their title. I'm not clear how that explains the ATF.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right and he was never involved/tasked with enforcing firearm laws. Explosives is within their purview even though it's not in their title. I'm not clear how that explains the ATF.
    Their full title is BATFE. The E is for Explosives. It's kind of like how LGB turned into LGBT, which turned into LGBTQ, which turned into LGBTQ+. Mission creep.

Top Bottom