• ...and so much more!
  • rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    but you can't shoot him in his office so he can't fight the charges. DUH.
    Well, *currently* you can't just shoot him in his office. But I would not be surprised if in the not too distant future he couldn't just *fall* out of a window to his death (while eluding capture). :dunno:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well, that would put a damper on the Ingo classifieds.
    sounds like normal collector seller to me. But he did not vet his buyers very well, seeing how many of them made it into crime scenes.

All in all…

We’re all f++ked
    He bought and sold 150+ guns in like a year.

Should be fine.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Nice home ............................surely he had some outside cameras that might show how this went down .
    If so , hope they weren`t the same brand used outside certain jail cells . That brand tends to stop working at opportune moments .
    Or out side the pentagon in sept

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

I just watched this in its entirety . . . as Jared read the entire meat of the warrant outlining the rationale for it. He's a former law enforcement officer that had a supervisory position (Sergeant), so he knew a lot of the warrant boilerplate, and how it was structured. As I had suspected, it was all about Malinowski buying and selling firearms without being an FFL. If what was in the warrant is accurate and true, they had him six ways from Sunday for many, many years in prison. Documented multiple transactions in detail, often within a very short time between when he made the purchase and when he sold it to someone else. Used gun shows to sell to others. From his activities alleged in the warrant he was also making "straw" purchases. Also alleged that he had table(s) at the gun shows, operating them solo, and never asked for ID, and never did any transfers via an FFL; all cash and carry.

Expect the "Gun Show Loophole" crowd to go crazy over this one as it has enormous visibility on the all the major national media outlets. I have to seriously wonder about the tactics used to serve the warrant. Plenty of opportunity to do a nonviolent takedown a block from his home when he left for work -- and then close in on the home itself simultaneously.

I'll wait to see what spills out in the aftermath from family, family spokesman, etc., regarding the takedown, but would bet BIG the case against him made by ATF leading up to it was Rock of Gibraltar solid.

Also wonder if they're going to charge his wife now as an accomplice or co-conspirator. That may come after they pore through all the electronic devices, but from the warrant, it appears he was running solo.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    From @JAL. ^^^^^^^

“Expect the "Gun Show Loophole" crowd to go crazy over this one as it has enormous visibility on the all the major national media outlets”

I now suspect this was the point of this whole arrest, now the story recipe has to be cooked to fit the needed/desired narrative. Guess the guy getting shot in the head kinda puts a twist in things for the alphabet guys. JMO of course.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I might have more sympathy for the alphabet agencies if they went after criminals who engage in assault, robbery, rape and murder the way they go after people who sell guns to people who engage in assault, robbery, rape and murder. Giving one group a pass while executing another is... suspicious. Executing the person who sells a gun to a career criminal while giving a pass to the career criminal is a bit... odd.

Unless your objective isn't to decrease crime.

Last edited:

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    If they want to make a warning to private sellers, they would have arrested him with great pomp. If they wanted to avoid having a lawsuit on the validity of his charges, specifically regarding the post bruen constitutionality of straw sales, 4473, and the need for FFLs, having him die following a high risk arrest would be convenient.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Top Bottom