• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    Maybe its been said already but Obama supposedly didn't have the votes to win either so don't get complacent.

A good tactic if you think about it would be to convince people to vote with you but have them say otherwise till the bill come up for vote.

I don't believe it won't pass till it doesn't.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I'm conflicted.

It's important for everyone's voice to be heard, and the anonymity of the internet allows people to spew all kinds of venom that they would never say to someone else in person. However, the site listed in this thread, and Ruger's site for contacting our legislators both require the entry of a lot of personal data. I'm not normally a conspiracy theory proponent, but isn't anyone uncomfortable with that?

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Incremental approach is very effective. Give him time.

exactly... and the dems are good at starting out with something that can't pass and then 'compromising' to get what they actually want: a magazine ban and increased background checks with backdoor registration. Later they will confiscate.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I'm conflicted.

It's important for everyone's voice to be heard, and the anonymity of the internet allows people to spew all kinds of venom that they would never say to someone else in person. However, the site listed in this thread, and Ruger's site for contacting our legislators both require the entry of a lot of personal data. I'm not normally a conspiracy theory proponent, but isn't anyone uncomfortable with that?

I get where you are coming from, I worried about it myself for a while. Do you have a LTCH? Have you purchased a firearm from a dealer recently? If you do or have, you and I and many other LTCH owners are most likely at the top of the Visit list should our .gov go rogue. You need to follow your instincts, but If you won't stand up and defend your rights, why should I? WE must stand together! Or be picked off one at a time. The time for sitting back and hoping somebody else will do it is gone! We must apply pressure from everywhere, every survey, every poll, form letters from gun advocates, AND Personal letters with your name on them! :patriot: "Get in the Ring"

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    I'm conflicted.

Honestly I am and you should be a conspiracy theorist just because things like small pox blankets, Japanese internment, denial of civil rights to blacks long after slavery, Fast and the Furious. I mean we could talk about stuff our government has done all day. To think that there isn't a list of some sort of everyone with guns out there would be crazy. Ask your self this when the gun dealer calls in the background check on you for a gun why does he have to tell them the type of gun and serial #? I mean unless its an SBR or other NFA item they are not going to deny you a handgun and sell you a rifle. Put your tin foil hat on, at least that way the drones can't see your head.

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Forgive my ignorance but how long can the proposal stay in the committee before it dies?

Or can it just linger for a period of time?

It can stay there for the duration of this congress, which ends early January 2015. The committee can decide to take up the bill at any time it chooses to, so it isn't officially dead until this congress ends. But, as a practical matter the committee only has so much time to work with, so if the committee doesn't successfully vote to recommend passage by the full body, it is effectively dead. If it fails to advance at any point of the process, the bill's sponsors must start over from the beginning during the next congress.

It is hard to get any bill passed, especially one that will have the massive opposition that this one does.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is not over till it is over. I think we all need to watch what happens and make our views known.

Yes Sir. Politician's Votes can be easily bought. I wish ammo was as easy to buy right now.

Be scared, be very scared. Obama is still in office. He is the black-magic man.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    NEW ban bill to be introduced.. Leaving semi auto weapons out... but going after magazines, increasing background checks and increasing record keeping (IE backdoor registrations).. Contact your congress critters again. Be proactive.. ask them to take action to improve our 2nd amendment rights instead of just leaving things the same.

Blog: Senate to introduce gun control bill without assault weapons ban

Here is what I sent.
    I have learned that a NEW bill is being proposed that, although not
    banning semi auto weapons, will ban standard (20-30 round) magazines,
    require additional background checks, and increase record keeping.

The 2nd amendment is already restricted more than it should be. DO NOT
    support any additional restrictions or backdoor registration on American
    citizens. In fact, work to relax the restrictions already in place to
    reaffirm our natural right to bear arms.

As a first step remove suppressors, short barrel rifles, and short barrel
    shotguns from the NFA firearm list.

I look forward to hearing of your views and your plans to introduce
    legislation that will protect our 2nd amendment rights.

you can contact senators and rep at http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Honestly I am and you should be a conspiracy theorist just because things like small pox blankets, Japanese internment, denial of civil rights to blacks long after slavery, Fast and the Furious. I mean we could talk about stuff our government has done all day. To think that there isn't a list of some sort of everyone with guns out there would be crazy. Ask your self this when the gun dealer calls in the background check on you for a gun why does he have to tell them the type of gun and serial #? I mean unless its an SBR or other NFA item they are not going to deny you a handgun and sell you a rifle. Put your tin foil hat on, at least that way the drones can't see your head.

The dealers don't give that information to NICS, just if it is a long gun or handgun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Thats funny they did when I bought my 45 xdm at Bradis I stood right there and listened

when a store call's in your "nics background check" the first "string" of numbers the give are the stores ffl, then the second string of numbers they give is the "code word", then you personal info (name, height weight, birth state, birthday and all the info you fill out)

then they ask what type of firearm, we (the employee) tell them,handgun, long gun, or other(ie frame, receiver) , that's it, nothing else!

there is no way bradys or any other gun shop can give that info to the fbi!

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    when a store call's in your "nics background check" the first "string" of numbers the give are the stores ffl, then the second string of numbers they give is the "code word", then you personal info (name, height weight, birth state, birthday and all the info you fill out)

then they ask what type of firearm, we (the employee) tell them,handgun, long gun, or other(ie frame, receiver) , that's it, nothing else!

there is no way bradys or any other gun shop can give that info to the fbi!

Even if it was their number they keep the 4473 for inspection by federal authorities (I believe FBI / ATF but Im sure someone will chime in if Im wrong)
    All they have to do is copy those 4473 which they can look at any time.
    Still the main point was why do they need to get the type (handgun or long gun).

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN

tin foil hats are so yesterday Stealth Wear: New Counter-Surveillance Clothing Makes You Invisible to Drones

Top Bottom