• ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    afghanistan-10-25-10-marijuana-field-thumb-650x432.jpg

Army Accidentally Drops Soldiers Into Afghani Marijuana Field - Toke of the Town
    Bring on the jokes!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Not to mention that it's one great place to take some "souvenirs". :D So sue me....:): I was born and raised in CA, and just got back from being stuck there for 13 months, from Nov of 09 thru Dec of 10. The surgeries I needed couldn't be done here, because of trust and competence issues with some of the Drs.here. :( It's legal and RX'd, and I have to say it works, and isn't the "awful" drug that most think it is. Even my pain Dr here would RX it if it were legal. But I doubt that will ever happen in my lifetime. :dunno:

But here we have far better and more liberal gun laws than they do there, far nicer people, better traffic, a far more beautiful landscape (I'm not into a lot of wall to wall pavement), less crime, and in general, all in all a much better lifestyle. So leaving it behind wasn't an issue. I missed IN the entire time I was there, I was so homesick for Bill, our daughter, and just IN in general that I was miserable the whole time! Coming back was like returning to OZ, and leaving the Wicked Witch of the West (my roommate) and the idiots there behind, forever! I got the better end of the trade. They can keep their pot, I'll take life here over that anytime!:thumbsup:

7th Stepper

I guess you have to experience H*** to really appreciate Heaven when and where you find it. And "it" is here for me. A loving family, good friends, and a better way of life is here, and is my little corner of Heaven.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    this is nothing new. once the opium is out of the fields its all about the weed. its some of the only things they can make any money off of. and the taliban also force a lot of them to grow it.

the canadians while we were there would get in firefights and then the taliban would run into the weed fields and hide. the canucks started setting one side of the field on fire and moving to the other. as the ran out they would shoot them. good plan except the entire province turned against them. all night long you would here fob orion on the radios. we usually got called in to help them and we would go do our thing and every time i would comment about the dead how they looked nothing like the normal taliban soldiers we were us to seeing after the fights. basically it was all the farmers and villagers who grew the weed and opium. A man is going to do everything they can to feed and protect their family and if your taking away that mans only money source your creating far more enemies.

one day while running around the helmand province over there. we got ambushed. and started pushing out in the fields and I looked over and there was a bud about a foot long sitting on my shoulder lol. here is some pics of the fields and one of my soldiers who is 6 ft tall to give a size reference.

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Top Bottom