• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    No knock on you my friend as you know I am not aiming this at you.

Welcome to the new world peoples. The liability's and security measures plus the band width user fees are driving this I am sure.
    If I really wanted something the $7 is NADA. If it is well......you are not ready for that purchase yet are you.

I wonder what the chatter would be like if Ingo limited access to the classifieds to site supporters only. You could see it but could not respond unless you had the banner over your avatar. $25 aint much for a year by any measure but peoples you should hear some of the screaming we get when we lock a squatter out and give him the option to do the support banner or become an active member. Angry smashed cats from 50% over $25 to support the site. My entire outlook for my fellow man has been altered in my time here.

Mouse knows this, first-hand. I'm a cheap, cheap SoB (I'm working on it). But even I find $25 a year nothing.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I love INGO & have made many new friends here & I find everyone helpful in my 3+ years & look forward to the same. :ingo:
    $25/yr for a membership on INGO: what a bargain!
    Such a value for what a person gets! :thumbsup:

I would be fine if there was a 1%-2% charge to make a listing in the INGO Classifieds.
    It's just business.
    I am legendary for my "frugality," but everyone knows I will spend $$ when the value is there. :)
    My daughter listed and sold her 2014 Corvette last week for $39,000 & it cost her $75 to pay for a listing which was only good for a month (.0019), about 1/5 of 1% fee.

I don't buy/sell on Armlist often b/c I try to deal just here on INGO, but I like having it for an option & looking for prices in the entire US.
    Like others, I would be fine with a listing fee, but not a monthly fee.
    Giving my bank account number: never going to happen. :nono:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I love INGO & have made many new friends here & I find everyone helpful in my 3+ years & look forward to the same. :ingo:
    $25/yr for a membership on INGO: what a bargain!
    Such a value for what a person gets! :thumbsup:

I would be fine if there was a 1%-2% charge to make a listing in the INGO Classifieds.
    It's just business.
    I am legendary for my "frugality," but everyone knows I will spend $$ when the value is there. :)
    My daughter listed and sold her 2014 Corvette last week for $39,000 & it cost her $75 to pay for a listing which was only good for a month (.0019), about 1/5 of 1% fee.

I don't buy/sell on Armlist often b/c I try to deal just here on INGO, but I like having it for an option & looking for prices in the entire US.
    Like others, I would be fine with a listing fee, but not a monthly fee.
    Giving my bank account number: never going to happen. :nono:

Well, that part in red, that's what really makes it worth it, right?

I don't think I've ever met anyone on INGO that I wouldn't sit down and have dinner or a few beers with. Never said anything in the ether that I wouldn't say in person, even if we disagree. At least, I hope I've conducted myself that way. I may disagree, but I try not to be disagreeable, if you know what I mean. I don't always succeed in that. :abused:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well, that part in red, that's what really makes it worth it, right?
    I don't think I've ever met anyone on INGO that I wouldn't sit down and have dinner or a few beers with. Never said anything in the ether that I wouldn't say in person, even if we disagree. At least, I hope I've conducted myself that way. I may disagree, but I try not to be disagreeable, if you know what I mean. I don't always succeed in that. :abused:

I have met some of the best people I've ever met here on INGO. :ingo:
    Some I am in contact by regular email everyday or every week.
    It was enriching when I worked for a living in what could be called a stressful job & now in retirement it really is a fit. :)

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Pro Tip:
    at least for now, you can go on AL into your old "deactivated" ads and edit, re-activate then bump. In the past the old ads didn't expire for like 6-12months but that could change who knows.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    So in a letter from the CEO it states they are facing more lawsuits from Brady United. As well as facing an increased amount of scammers. They have had money in the past for lawsuits so why need more now? Why choose days before the presidential election to do this? Coincidence? The change is noted as the Personal Premium Program or PPP..
    They state there will be discounts and exclusive offers for members but since its brand new they will likely hold that off till them can get the metrics they want to review on traffic, existing and new customer acquisitions. Not to mention they will have to deal with an enormous amount of charge-backs when the scammers use a stolen credit card to sign up.

Sellers could just as easily put their phone numbers in the ad by using a combination of words and numbers.

Another thing I noticed was it's $3.99 when you link your checking account and $6.99 when you use a credit card. How secure is AL? They are running on AWS so I can at least give it to'em for using that but as it was previously mentioned, "if the prize is shiny enough, they will try for it." There is no website that is 100% secure. It merely a matter of time before someone finds the exploit and if they decide to report it.

I'll be happy to support the site here since it's a community.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So in a letter from the CEO it states they are facing more lawsuits from Brady United. As well as facing an increased amount of scammers. They have had money in the past for lawsuits so why need more now? Why choose days before the presidential election to do this? Coincidence? The change is noted as the Personal Premium Program or PPP..
    They state there will be discounts and exclusive offers for members but since its brand new they will likely hold that off till them can get the metrics they want to review on traffic, existing and new customer acquisitions. Not to mention they will have to deal with an enormous amount of charge-backs when the scammers use a stolen credit card to sign up.

Sellers could just as easily put their phone numbers in the ad by using a combination of words and numbers.

Another thing I noticed was it's $3.99 when you link your checking account and $6.99 when you use a credit card. How secure is AL? They are running on AWS so I can at least give it to'em for using that but as it was previously mentioned, "if the prize is shiny enough, they will try for it." There is no website that is 100% secure. It merely a matter of time before someone finds the exploit and if they decide to report it.

I'll be happy to support the site here since it's a community.

Yeah we love it when members get around the rules to use personal info to attract visitors to buy there stuff. Yeah we really love that.

Come on man. If they are doing this it is their business and you do as they see fit. If you openly state to scam the rules I will be looking at every post you make.
    Thats how this works. I am sure they have staff as well.

The lengths people will go not to pay admission is mind boggling. Not just you my friend just read back.

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    All I can say is WOW!!!!! I've read every post. It's $47.88 a year using your checking account. We have been using ACH for most of our business payments for years with no problems. I'm signing up as it is just another outlet for me to buy & sell firearms related items. I am hoping this cuts down on the amount of scams and overpriced items, but not really counting on that!!!! Obviously, INGO is certainly safer and a better group of people to deal with, but I have had "mostly" good experiences with Armslist. I've often wondered when they would start charging, so here it is and for $50 a year I'm in.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Yeah we love it when members get around the rules to use personal info to attract visitors to buy there stuff. Yeah we really love that.

Come on man. If they are doing this it is their business and you do as they see fit. If you openly state to scam the rules I will be looking at every post you make.
    Thats how this works. I am sure they have staff as well.

The lengths people will go not to pay admission is mind boggling. Not just you my friend just read back.

You're welcome to review all my posts. I never stated I was going to do, or that others should do, anything of the sort. Rather stating a possibility. As I recall someone else on here mentioned a possible bypass method for existing posts. :dunno: Theres no telling if any of it will work. How their algo's are currently working or if they have new ones running now.
    AL has a big scammer issue like other platforms for reselling goods. It's widespread online everywhere.
    I don't disagree that it's a good business move for AL. If I was captain of that ship I would have to consider that bottom line, as any CEO should. As a visitor of their site I was caught by surprise by this. So as a consumer I was not in agreement.
    I'm personally not on there a lot. As of now I won't be joining their PPP. Maybe things will change. Theres always a possibility.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You're welcome to review all my posts. I never stated I was going to do, or that others should do, anything of the sort. Rather stating a possibility. As I recall someone else on here mentioned a possible bypass method for existing posts. :dunno: Theres no telling if any of it will work. How their algo's are currently working or if they have new ones running now.
    AL has a big scammer issue like other platforms for reselling goods. It's widespread online everywhere.
    I don't disagree that it's a good business move for AL. If I was captain of that ship I would have to consider that bottom line, as any CEO should. As a visitor of their site I was caught by surprise by this. So as a consumer I was not in agreement.
    I'm personally not on there a lot. As of now I won't be joining their PPP. Maybe things will change. Theres always a possibility.

I tried the AL relisting and was able to edit my closed ad and reopen it.

I don't believe the mouse was saying you specifically but as to the others who squat that do it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Oh please. Yes you did.
    I have been on this rock a long time OK. No knock as we all at one time have considered these things. All of us.
    Put yourself in my chair and read yours and several other posts.

And yes I can review as needed. Just don't put yourself out front. Thats my point here.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Pretty much and don't put yourself out front with these suggestions.

I'm pretty much complete circle for what I want or need in my firearm collection. Im thinking of maybe a 2 gun swap to get the shotgun model I'd prefer but otherwise im to the point where I'm at expanding my 3rd gen s&w collection as funds dictate.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Ok i get it, pay to play, its there business, but , a polite email to them statiing "I want to support your business, but,not at that price. " will go a long way in telling AL where they stand.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Well it was a good run while it lasted, for free that is. I never really had a bad experience with armslist fortunately. Just take time to vet seller/buyer by conversing with them a bit and you can tell what kind of person you are dealing with.

Stupid anti-gunners, always ruining everything we like.

Top Bottom