• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Armslist is dead to me now, unfortunately.
    I enjoyed looking looking not only local but all of IN or even the entire US as a whole to research asking values for guns.

It's not about paying for the privilege to play, but giving up information to do so.
    I'd never give up my bank account AND routing number that I read about when I looked into it last evening.
    No way I'd even give up my credit card number to sit in the computer at Armslist, which is the common practice with online venders when ordering.
    But to Armslist? I think not.
    I'd be glad to send them a $48 check to pay for a year of privilege to access.

I barely felt comfortable giving up info to Pay Pal, of which every month I get a scammer fishing, telling me my account has been compromised & I need to resubmit my info and every month I report it to Pay Pal.

I have some items that I'll be selling when I'm through playing with them, but I always go through INGO first anyway.
    I recently bought a neat SW 422 pistol from an Armslist ad 3 weeks ago, so I'll regret not having that option.
    I've already been given a heads-up on another site for selling in the State, but it is really bare bones with no pics & not organized for narrowing your focus & you can't do a search.
    INGO has spoiled me.
    Back before I even knew about INGO I had bought/sold on a couple of other sites, and it was wonderful finding INGO. :ingo:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Security problems happened faster than I thought they would...

Screenshot2020102520.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I barely felt comfortable giving up info to Pay Pal, of which every month I get a scammer fishing, telling me my account has been compromised & I need to resubmit my info and every month I report it to Pay Pal.

This is just one of a few reasons I no longer PayPal.

Keagan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2020
    Deep in the woods
    Armslist is history to me also.
    I'm not going to give them any bank info or credit card info.
    Do I look frickin stupid ?
    There are other ways to keep scammers away. Hope they get it figured out. I liked the search options also.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Armslist is history to me also.
    I'm not going to give them any bank info or credit card info.
    Do I look frickin stupid ?
    There are other ways to keep scammers away. Hope they get it figured out. I liked the search options also.

It's less about scammers more about their permanent legal battles.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Oh crap! I hadn't heard any negatives about PayPal. :ugh:
    I only started using it after family & friends suggested it.

Me and the wife have both used PayPal for quite awhile. Never an issue. They've actually helped us recoup money on a few occasions. Was much easier than having to haggle with the seller (Ebay).

They are anti gun so dont expect any help with a firearm related issue

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Years ago I used to find good deals left and right. Sure I would travel an hour or so. About the last year or so I’ve been seeing $700 custom stipple glocks, $900 for an aftermarket barrel and night sights.. etc..I just skip over them. I don’t feel like there’s enough deals for a month to month fee. I’m out. Sorry armslist. You’ve been entertaining to say the least.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Me and the wife have both used PayPal for quite awhile. Never an issue. They've actually helped us recoup money on a few occasions. Was much easier than having to haggle with the seller (Ebay).
    They are anti gun so dont expect any help with a firearm related issue

I remember that being discussed in the past.

I have had several nice deals locally on AL, but the amount of scam deals is just overwhelming, like this one:
    https://www.armslist.com/posts/1276...mm-15-1-black-4--pm195f702a-pre-gen5-fbi-spec
    $500 Glock-19M
    (Location) Indiana/Indiana with a Mobile Alabama (251) area code, yeah right.
    Now will the spammer move to other places like INGO?

I have found correlations to those putting down their location as Indiana, Indiana USA, & them asking me when I contact them before they even answer my list of basic questions: "So, when do you want to buy the gun," (in an accent) or something to the effect of me sending them money & they will mail the gun, or what FFL do I want to use?
    Like I'm going to send them $400 on the promise they will send the gun to my FFL :dunno:.
    Someone from INGO that I've dealt with before or even with a long history here: sure.
    I could contact CM or any number of other "old-timers" here & to ask about someone who needed special dispensation due circumstances: done it before).

Years ago I used to find good deals left and right. Sure I would travel an hour or so. About the last year or so I’ve been seeing $700 custom stipple glocks, $900 for an aftermarket barrel and night sights.. etc..I just skip over them. I don’t feel like there’s enough deals for a month to month fee. I’m out. Sorry armslist. You’ve been entertaining to say the least.

There is a gun on Armslist that I am interested in presently & even saw before all this happened.
    It is in Columbus, OH but now I can't communicate with them to ask if we could meet at an FFL in OH to ship it to my FFL since I'm not willing to give up my bank account number & routing number to do so.

I told a friend on INGO this am in a private text who is also wanting the same gun (he found it first so has 1st dibs :)):
    I wonder if people on Armslist will start putting a cell number in their ad which would circumvent needing to answer through Armslist, which would force signing up.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if people on Armslist will start putting a cell number in their ad which would circumvent needing to answer through Armslist, which would force signing up.

I knew a guy, years ago, who would go into fast food restaurants and load up on napkins and plastic utensils whenever he was going camping. He didn't want to pay for them and, as he was fond of saying "nobody stops me".

We were friends till he told me about this. After that, I was always busy when he called.

I can stretch a dollar as far as the next guy, but I do not burden legitimate businesses with my frugality. If I am not willing to pay, then we do not do business. Anyone who does this is a (omitted to avoid the wrath of the Mouse)!!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    All I can do now is check AL in the AM and "IF" the ad has a 317 or 765 area code text the individual and see if they are local.
    I have had all good deals in the past there.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Content on armslist took a big nose dive.

As far as listing with out of state phone numbers, I only recently got an Indiana number, but technically I've been an Indiana resident for 34 years.

Top Bottom