• ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    got home at 1am.
    Felt like I went 3 rounds w/ Mike Tyson. 12 stages in 90* and humid sucks.

shot about 3 really good stages, 3 really poor stages, and the rest about "par." The really poor ones are gonna kill me. Started the day with some gun trouble, and that really cost me. I finished about 150 points shy of where I wanted to be.

Match was very, very good. Very technical. Lots of tight shots, and lots of small ports to set up in, lots of ways to shoot the stages.

I hope to get some vids up later.

-rvb

ps. anyone know software for editing/merging mp4 videos?

-rvb

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ryan, did you shoot Open or Production?

Here is my update: while Coach was away at the match today, I snooped through all of his stuff in his garage.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Ryan, did you shoot Open or Production?

Here is my update: while Coach was away at the match today, I snooped through all of his stuff in his garage.

Is any of it in the back of your truck:rolleyes:
    If it is ,No one will ever see it again.I think there are armament gnomes living in there.
    Like the underwear gnomes on south park:D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Armament Gnomes are very useful if you supervise them properly and pay them well. You need a rock-solid contract though, because they'll try to take advantage of you at a bad time.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Armament Gnomes are very useful if you supervise them properly and pay them well. You need a rock-solid contract though, because they'll try to take advantage of you at a bad time.

do they come in pairs?
    What do they take for pay?
    I find my funds are seriously short of my armament wants maybe I need a bigger truck and a colony of gnomes:D

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I didn't vid all of the stages, but here are stages 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12.

YouTube - MDHoser's Channel

I ended up 6th in production. A little disappointed after blowing a couple of stages (see stage 8, at the 2:15 mark for a good example of how NOT to shoot a stage... full of missed steel and gun jams). However, considering a couple of problems, I was pretty happy with where I ended up. Had I run those stages well, it would have only gained me 1 or 2 spots, so no big deal.

This was a great match. Lots of fun and challenges.

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I sucked. Maybe three goods stages. I need to practice, but doubt there will be time before the state match. A good match and very tough courses of fire.

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    I sucked. Maybe three goods stages. I need to practice, but doubt there will be time before the state match. A good match and very tough courses of fire.

You were there and went for it. That's more than most of us did.

I didn't study the results but it appears you had some "issues" on a stage or two. Clean up those and you'll be right there. :rockwoot:Those are some pretty tough folks ahead of you and Jake. I wonder how many of them do the old 8 to 5 thing :dunno:

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I ended up 19th in SS, 11th B. Not sure why it's got me down as a C and I'm going to contact them to update, tomorrow. I had some slow stages, maybe 3 or so good stages, 1 bad stage and the rest, fairly good hits but too slow. It was a tough match and I went to war with several pieces of steel. 8 mikes and a NS, too many. Young guys are quick and there is a lot of difference between a 62% B shooter and a 74% B shooter.

More practice is in order. Pluses, the gun and ammo ran fine, never missed a lick. Managed to not miss and firmly seat all my reloads and there were a bunch.

Freaking rain and sandy gravel are not a good combination.

I was pretty good on the classifier though, 67.7%.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Great match. Very challenging. I ended up with 11th C 56th overall. My goals were simple: 1 shoot my first area match, 2 shoot my first big match in limited, 3 learn from it. I made it through with no Mikes, no procedurals and only 11 Misses.

Gun ran great. Only jam was on the last stage of day 1 on "make ready". Tossed that mag, all was good. (probably sand, more on that in a bit).

Oh and I made PF. BARELY. 165.5 on the sixth shot.

Things learned:
    1 When the chrono man reads off "908" from your first shot (180g 40) your stress and BP goes WAY up and you start praying.
    2 I HATE SAND. I REALLY HATE WET SAND! Wet sand + mags = not good.
    3 Having an ice cold hydration pack in your range bag (backpack) causes the contents to get cold. When it it HOT and 1000% humidity outside, cold objects become covered in condensation. Cold condensation covered magazines are slippery!
    4 Pro Grip is great stuff!
    5 Eating dinner at a questionable establishment can make for a very long morning.
    6 Squadding with the right people can still make a long hot rainy day of sub par shooting a great day.

Great weekend. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks to all in squad (well except the guy who left with his DQ'd dad and took his attractive girl friend away after only 3 stages)

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Oh and I made PF. BARELY. 165.5 on the sixth shot.

Things learned:
    1 When the chrono man reads off "908" from your first shot (180g 40) your stress and BP goes WAY up and you start praying.

How does the chrono procedure go? I've never been to a match where they've done it and this is my first year reloading.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How does the chrono procedure go? I've never been to a match where they've done it and this is my first year reloading.

Your squad goes to the chrono "stage". Eight rounds are pulled by the RO. One bullet is pulled and weighed. Three more are fired over the chronograph.

Your weighed bullet (grains) multiplied by the avg velocity (fps) = power factor.

This is outlined in exhausting detail of Appendix C2 of the USPSA Combined Rulebook April 2010.

ETA - based on Mark saying they shot six, per the rules, his first three didn't make the Major PF he declared. The RO then shoots three more rounds and uses the three highest velocities of the six fired.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It's spelled out exactly in your rule book, appendix C2.

basically, they take 8 rounds, weight a bullet, fire 3. If it makes pf they give the rest back.

If pf not met, they fire 3 more and ave the top 3 of the 6. If it still fails, it's your option to shoot the last shot or weigh the last bullet.

Rounds are usually collected earlier in the match.

Leave plenty of margin so you don't have to sweat the chrono...

-rvb

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    ETA - based on Mark saying they shot six, per the rules, his first three didn't make the Major PF he declared. The RO then shoots three more rounds and uses the three highest velocities of the six fired.

I gotcha, that makes sense. I know what the book says, just haven't done it yet.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Yup, i will be increasing my powder charge by at least 0.1 g, maybe 0.2. I like to have some margin. I chrono'd this load in february and it came in at 172 PF. Either temp variance or chrono variance almost bit me.

Top Bottom