• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you still shooting or saving your ammo?

• Total voters

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have not been shooting nearly as much as I would like. I refuse to pay the high prices and I will not buy ammo from the hoarders. I will continue to shoot until my reserve is gone then just sit and wait to buy back all the supplies that people bought up in the panic. 22LR, really?? Why??

Why? Because it's cheap. You can stockpile thousands of rounds regardless what your budget is. Not to mention all the fun you can have spending a day at the range with family and friends without breaking the bank.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I am doing "mental shooting". I close my eyes and concentrate on all the movements from loading to follow thru for the range. While it isn't a perfect substitute for actual trigger time, it does keep you sharper than doing nothing at all in these off times.

And before y'all think I'm a nut job, athletes and stunt pilots do this before competitions.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    For years I've made it a point to shoot regularly BUT to buy more ammo than I shoot. Meaning Ex: if I only have enough cash on hand to buy 200 rounds that week , then I shoot 100.

While this tends to make it all variable I would say I've been shooting about the same, over all the years it's probably slowed down a bit due to prices, and how I manage things.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    My son and I have been stocking ammo, reloading supplies - Powder, Primers, bullets and lead for over 20 years. I don't shoot much in the winter, to darn cold at my age. If it isn't fun, I'm not going to do any. Reckon we have enough supplies that if we target normally, my great grandchildren may run out - oops, probably not, forgot to mention we still are buying when the prices are right. Picked up 5,000 LR mag. primers Sunday, and 500 .223 62 Gr new LC bullets. Son just picked up about 300 lbs of lead and cast 80~100 into ingots today.:D

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    just got inovled in realoading so I am shooting alot more...at least for now. Having a hard time getting bullets in so I may have to ease up soon.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I continue to shoot as normal. Twice a month. I have been fortunate enough to find ammo pretty regularly. I keep my mags full and 10% of what I buy now.

Last edited:

DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    Nope I'm Hoarding my ammo right now too hard to come across and cost is too high to replace. so for now I'm just going thru the motions practicing my draw and acquiring my sight picture.

:ar15: zombies

:rockwoot:

I have seen it mentioned in various threads, I did a search and did not find any thread pertaining to this question so I ask..

How many are still shooting regularly or are you saving your ammo?

TJ

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I have decreased shooting, but not because of shortages. Mostly because with all of my family activities and extra job I just don't have the time that I had last year. It will be nice when it warms up a little and things slow down, then I will shoot more.

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    I havent shot much this winter. Haven't had the time to. I cant even get .22lr or 9mm so no. I hate to say it but im not nearly stocked up on anything. Im just barely at the point where id consider shooting my .22's because of not having any stock.

.22lr.--poss.
    9mm--Hell no
    .45 acp--no but getting there
    16g--not happening
    .17hmr--poss. but still low. I can atleast buy it in some places but not the 20gr's

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Shooting as normal for now, always slower in the winter. May change in 6 months or so if the ammo shortage doesn't ease up.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I have decreased but mostly due to the cold weather. My old bones get chilled faster than they used to. I've got plenty of .17 HMR (my favorite round)and it's relatively easy to find in my area. Just been other things to do.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I'm going really easy on the calibers I can't find, but one benefit to being a collector is I can eventually find SOMEthing expendable to go burn.

It's looking like the Mosins are getting a pretty hefty workout this year.

bod

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Shooting just as usual for this time of year which is about nothing for this weather. Luckily I had loaded up on my components and ammo before the shortage and price increases. Once it warms up I will start shooting again just like normal.

Top Bottom