• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Store manager says it's false. He's had a dozen calls in an hour and has police watching the 1 o'clock meeting spot.

FYI: The two shops I check in with regularly recieved over 100 bricks of 22 ammo yesterday.

MG77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    As long as they can sell it and double their money they will. If no one buys their over priced goods and they spent most of their pay check for it they will stop. Not many creditors will take ammo for payment. Unless you REALY NEED it, make them eat it. Just my thoughts on the subject.

:+1: I don't blame the dude, if people continue to buy at the inflated prices the unprepared are going to pay, I would love to have some 22lr's but I'm not going to pay through the nose or reward the 2nd middle man....I have been a little reluctant to shoot up my stash the last 4 months or so, but other than that this nonsense hasn't effected me.:twocents:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Store manager says it's false. He's had a dozen calls in an hour and has police watching the 1 o'clock meeting spot.

FYI: The two shops I check in with regularly recieved over 100 bricks of 22 ammo yesterday.

Read the first sentence....." Work got in 22lr"
    I read the first sentence. I read all of it. Didn't see any reference that the place of employment was GM, only that it was a meeting place. People "assume" all the time and generally they are incorrect. I called the store and spoke with the manager. He stated the same thing that Jason posted. He said to his knowledge no one who works there drives a white chevy.
    The Armslist post isn't illegal as far as the ammo. I think it's borderline on the 10-22's though. The Armslist ad has been closed for replies by the poster.
    I personally suspect it is a scam or a joke. :twocents:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I read the first sentence. I read all of it. Didn't see any reference that the place of employment was GM, only that it was a meeting place. People "assume" all the time and generally they are incorrect. I called the store and spoke with the manager. He stated the same thing that Jason posted. He said to his knowledge no one who works there drives a white chevy.
    The Armslist post isn't illegal as far as the ammo. I think it's borderline on the 10-22's though. The Armslist ad has been closed for replies by the poster.
    I personally suspect it is a scam or a joke. :twocents:

I agree it is not illegal. Not even the guns if he is selling to proper people. I don't see the need for police. I know someone on a group page said that they were meeting him for a 10/22 today.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    If there is a dollar to be made it will happen , its going on all over the place only time will tell

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I agree it is not illegal. Not even the guns if he is selling to proper people. I don't see the need for police. I know someone on a group page said that they were meeting him for a 10/22 today.

I do not claim to be an expert, but if you are buying brand new guns from a gun store, not for personal use, but to turn directly around and sell them. This could be considered a straw purchase of sorts, or like you are a black market arms dealer.

It goes around the background check, and issues like this are what cause illegal guns to be in the hands of criminals. If I were a criminal that had trouble getting guns, one these prices are normal, two, people would be selling them and just so excited to get the cash that they wouldn't even be a cautious, perfect time to buy a gun, eh?

Besides, we are such a self destructive community. Instead of being helpful, trying to help each other get good deals, and make sure we all have what we need we go around screwing each other. :rolleyes: We all know it, supply and demand my ass, the supply is there, I know individuals with over 10k rounds of .22LR in their stash. If people would stop buying it up at good prices and 5k rounds at a time, and then turning around and selling it for 3 and 4 times what they paid for it, then everybody would quickly have plenty of ammo.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    At first I was mad, then I figured that "it's the benefits of employment." I'm pretty sure that I make significantly more in money and benefits that GM employees. They get dibs on guns and ammo, others get free Big Macs, others get free use of cars/trucks, no biggie.

Good for them. If he wants to put his job on the line for over-extending his employment privileges, that's his deal.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I do not claim to be an expert, but if you are buying brand new guns from a gun store, not for personal use, but to turn directly around and sell them. This could be considered a straw purchase of sorts, or like you are a black market arms dealer.

It goes around the background check, and issues like this are what cause illegal guns to be in the hands of criminals. If I were a criminal that had trouble getting guns, one these prices are normal, two, people would be selling them and just so excited to get the cash that they wouldn't even be a cautious, perfect time to buy a gun, eh?

Besides, we are such a self destructive community. Instead of being helpful, trying to help each other get good deals, and make sure we all have what we need we go around screwing each other. :rolleyes: We all know it, supply and demand my ass, the supply is there, I know individuals with over 10k rounds of .22LR in their stash. If people would stop buying it up at good prices and 5k rounds at a time, and then turning around and selling it for 3 and 4 times what they paid for it, then everybody would quickly have plenty of ammo.

The only grey area here is he didn't say new 10/22's, but one could assume. $210 doesn't sound like he's making money on them. I get the straw purchase though!

I have always bought a lot of ammo, because I shoot a lot of ammo. Never had an issue finding it before, I guess people weren't buying as much as I was!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Obviously a troll as others have said. Now if it was a Walmart employee it would be believable ;)

After the 2008 panic, gun stores were buying up all of Walmart's stock and reselling it in their stores at marked-up prices. Walmart started putting stickers on the boxes and they enacted sales quotas to try to combat it.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've seen that happen with a lot of items Wal Mart discounts or blows out. I know wholesalers have different price structures for Wal Mart versus smaller stores. One of the reasons I closed my store. Competing with the big box and online stores just wasn't profitable.

Top Bottom