• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This asks some sobering questions (meaning one must be drunk to really answer them truthfully even to themselves :lmfao:) for personal reflection.

"Misterrrr INGOMike...you seem to be living a double life...by day, you're a commissioned sales agent...by night, you're an Internet sh!t poster and WLP lackey...one of these lives has a future...the otherrrr...does not...

Screenshot-2022-09-05-at-11.36.28.png

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This asks some sobering questions (meaning one must be drunk to really answer them truthfully even to themselves :lmfao:) for personal reflection.

A lot of this can be fixed when you add Christ into your life. A lot of things the world tells you is important fall by the wayside at that point and then you can live to follow Christ's path for you. Sounds corny but it's true. I've gotten back into church lately and realize I can turn a deaf ear to a lot of this nonsense.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If indeed we are living in the matrix, I need the matrix to step up its game and go ahead and let me win the lottery. I have a expansive underground bunker to build.. really need to get going on that project.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Life feels pretty matrix-y lately. My new job has, like, 7 PTO days for the full year, no sick time, almost no holidays, no WFH. I stare at spreadsheets all day, doing about 20 minutes of real work a day, and nothing I couldn't do on a laptop at home. In a five day work week I have maybe 8 hours of genuine discretionary time sprinkled between work, exercise to cope with being chained to a desk, errands, and obligations. It's five days of sunrise to sunset grind to get to two days where I mostly just want to sleep. I don't know how anyone lives like this and supports a family. When would I ever see them? Sundays?

Work is pointless and I couldn't care less and it pays more than anything I ever did working with my hands actually "doing things". More agency over my life would be nice but every avenue of getting that costs money I don't have. :dunno:

I think the truth is that the world runs on 98% stuff nobody wants to do, and it stops functioning if you don't keep people locked up spending all day doing it. If we all got agency, the world would fall apart overnight because everyone wants to do things that are fun and not things that are necessary. The world has always been this way.

At least I spend my money on guns, ammo, and quality tactical gear instead of OF.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Life feels pretty matrix-y lately. My new job has, like, 7 PTO days for the full year, no sick time, almost no holidays, no WFH. I stare at spreadsheets all day, doing about 20 minutes of real work a day, and nothing I couldn't do on a laptop at home. In a five day work week I have maybe 8 hours of genuine discretionary time sprinkled between work, exercise to cope with being chained to a desk, errands, and obligations. It's five days of sunrise to sunset grind to get to two days where I mostly just want to sleep. I don't know how anyone lives like this and supports a family. When would I ever see them? Sundays?

Work is pointless and I couldn't care less and it pays more than anything I ever did working with my hands actually "doing things". More agency over my life would be nice but every avenue of getting that costs money I don't have. :dunno:

I think the truth is that the world runs on 98% stuff nobody wants to do, and it stops functioning if you don't keep people locked up spending all day doing it. If we all got agency, the world would fall apart overnight because everyone wants to do things that are fun and not things that are necessary. The world has always been this way.

At least I spend my money on guns, ammo, and quality tactical gear instead of OF.
    I would love to spend several hours in reply to this but I can’t, the thing that struck me in your post is a lack of sense of purpose and accomplishment, I believe this is common in society, we have become cogs in a wheel without ever seeing the finished result. I believe human soul needs to see the end goals to motivate further actions.

Obviously many people believe their life’s work is rewarding beyond a monetary level (fun) one must seek out opportunities to get to that point.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I would love to spend several hours in reply to this but I can’t, the thing that struck me in your post is a lack of sense of purpose and accomplishment, I believe this is common in society, we have become cogs in a wheel without ever seeing the finished result. I believe human soul needs to see the end goals to motivate further actions.

Obviously many people believe their life’s work is rewarding beyond a monetary level (fun) one must seek out opportunities to get to that point.
    I'm halfway through my 30s, the ship has sailed on "purpose". It's been 15 straight years of just barely managing things for right now. My purpose was "avoid running out of money for one more month". There was never a path, there was never a plan, there was just people and institutions who had to be paid and placated so they wouldn't make my life worse. At no point did enough money and security drop out of the sky to have the luxury of long term planning. I thought I had one after school, but the coof turned that whole thing upside down and I renounced an entire career path and entire political orientation over it. Now I'm old. When all you do is turn corners, you never end up very far from where you started.

I think that's just life for most people. You flop around like a fish doing whatever you can come up with to survive and then one day it's over. Hundreds of billions of men in history did nothing with their lives but scratch at dirt, I should consider myself lucky and happy to not be doing that.

Top Bottom