Are You Better Off Than Four Years Ago? Shop At Biden-Mart To Find Out…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Great story. The question was not a literal question, but rather a political rhetorical question.
    I understand completely. I didn't think it was literal when you posted it, but in case someone did, I wanted to have a literal answer.

I aim to offer up hope for people, especially young men, that need hope. Beginning with the Millennial Generation, the popular culture has been anti-American, anti-West, anti-Christian and masculinity, monogamy, marriage and the traditional family have been viewed cynically, while victim mentality and being self-centered has been promoted.

I'd like to encourage young men that with some sacrifice and diligence, they can own a house, they can get married young and have a family, they can be the sole provider for the family and their wife and not some stranger from Day Care can raise their kids.

We have a demographic problem like so many other developed nations, and if the right people (traditional values, freedom loving, America loving) don't start having children and teaching their children the importance of the American Experiment, then the chapter in history's book on self-government and individual liberty will be complete. The chapter that follows will not be enjoyable and may make the chapters that preceded look like a walk in the park.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    My girlfriend‘s father was a pig and crop farmer and a boilermaker. When he retired, she summoned DNR forest experts to plant his abandoned farmland with trees. As a result, his children now own several hundred acres of wooded land, providing thousands of board feet of hardwoods and hunting grounds. I am somewhat envious.

As far as living expenses, go, the current economy has severely limited my lifestyle. But my investment and retirement accounts are doing very well, so in that respect, I am blessed. My only hope is that when the bust in the markets happen, I will be able to protect my investments.
    Society grows great when old men plant tall trees whose shade, they know, they shall never enjoy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've never give a president the power to determine whether I am better off or not.
    While I agree a President alone cannot rob you, the administration can. For example, illegals getting huge handouts, deadbeats getting loan forgiveness. Unlawfulness creates more need for security and raises insurance rates, etc

How do you escape? Even real estate held clear keeps loosing more through tax reassessment, as mentioned cash in your bank or mattress is loosing buying power. Precious metals only hold value, not making profit, with gold able to be confiscated.

I have been looking for an escape for pretty much all my adult life.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    4 years ago? Let’s see, Trump threatened Iran with military attack, we were on home detention, stores didn’t have stock on shelves, Pennsylvania was placed on home lockdown by its Governor, you couldn’t find a roll of TP anywhere, captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt pleads for help due to spread of C Virus, Coast Guard won’t allow cruise ships to dock in the U.S., sailors cheered when their captain was relieved of command because he talked about the virus, the economic outcome of the virus put us on a path to recession, the death rate soared 17%, Trump extended the social distancing guidelines till the end of April & says the worst is yet to come, after telling us that the virus was under control, 58% of Americans believed that the virus damage could have been mitigated with better international cooperation.

Like some others, I’m never gonna let one man or party be the arbiter of my well being. My food, fuel and other essentials are averaged over a decade not by the week.

So, I guess I can’t answer the question. :dunno:
    I don't think any of that was President Trumps idea. He had to make decisions based on the best information that was available. Now we recognize the entities in the attack and plans of madmen. The murderous madmen from three Continents who were behind the whole thing are still unpunished and their organizations still exist. The gates and fauci founding of moderna and funding the development of the bio weapon, the WEF and Wohan labs were all in existence for a decade before Trump, don't you think blaming the sickness and it's impact on any sitting President is a disingenuous? charge?

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    The key is to live below your means and diversify your investments so you are not at the mercy of any one investment.

Real inflation is certainly much higher than the "official" CPI-U numbers, and it appears to be going up, despite what the Fed does or wishes. Plan for the likely events, but have contingency plans for unlikely events. Make those plans now; waiting until something happens to figure out a response is probably going to result in sub-optimal decisions.

Case in point - when stocks crashed in early 2022, I already knew what I would do: rebalance to maintain my asset allocation, selling bonds and purchasing equities. Of course, since fixed income also crashed, my AA remained relatively steady, while the overall portfolio's value dropped. So I did nothing and just watched it all unfold, making a note that sometimes fixed income and equities move in sync. Bummer.

The key is to have a plan and stick to it.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I don't think any of that was President Trumps idea. He had to make decisions based on the best information that was available. Now we recognize the entities in the attack and plans of madmen. The murderous madmen from three Continents who were behind the whole thing are still unpunished and their organizations still exist. The gates and fauci founding of moderna and funding the development of the bio weapon, the WEF and Wohan labs were all in existence for a decade before Trump, don't you think blaming the sickness and it's impact on any sitting President is a disingenuous? charge?
    Don’t think I blamed anyone for anything, just stating the facts that I remember from 4 years ago.

Isn’t America great, we can all have our own opinions and express them?

Not gonna get in a pissin match over whose fault anything is or isn’t, especially on the www. If you want to blame someone, feel free to do so, I fully support your right to do so.

Top Bottom