• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I run into more Bushmasters at the range more than any other Rifle. Usualy after a 5 min conversation you can tell if someone knows their rifle or not. I have heard 0 people complain about Bushmaster. Of course I do not know anyone who owns a newer model.
    It's just like 1911's. People will say brand A is better then brand B. There are fan boys of all types.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Its my understanding our military has never used Bushmasters, and the only purchase the DOD has ever made of them was as handouts to other countries.

I believe I was thinking of the FN contract and conflated that with Bushmaster somehow, probably because I remember Bushmaster beating out Colt for an FBI contract about the same time as FN got their military contract.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    The owner of Bushmaster sold out to them. The employees once employed by Bushmaster where not ofered jobs working for Remington.

Shame, but my point was not the compassion an American business showed to workers, but the quality product Remington desired to have under it's tent. Thanks for the info. :yesway:

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    How does one tell if they have a newer model bushmaster?

My Bushmaster is fairly new and Ive had a few fail to feeds with some junk ammo....other than the ammo related occurrence, I have not one complaint...and I normally shoot cheap PMC brass....I went really cheap on the bad ammo.

The fit and finish is excellent, and it "feels" nicer than the AR's my friends have.

Ive got about 200 rounds through it so far and it will make 1" groups at 100 yards with my crappy rifle skills...its already feeling smoother than when I first got it...once it breaks in all the way, I think it'll be a great piece.

Im really happy with it....only bad thing is that once I got mine, the price dropped by $150....oh well...gotta get me a good red dot for it now.

God bless
    -Shred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    North West Indiana
    Bushmaster had good QC atleast up until Remington got them. So long as it's all mil spec stuff you should be fine. Yes Bushmaster makes a great AR, but that is accomplished through stringent quality control and good parts that meet military specs. I have a 16" hbarA2 model that is flawless after 1k rds steel cased ammo. It is a very consistent shooting rifle. I wouldnt put it up against a USMC Match Grade M16, but it's fieldworthy for sure.

Josh922

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Seymour
    i owned a bushmaster xm15-e2s for about 6months before a friend made me an offer i couldnt turn down, while i had it i put about 800 rounds through it and it was a reliable gun 99% of the time, but it was a bit picky on ammo. it hated the lower end stuff. that seems to be a bushmaster thing from what i can tell, i own a dpms 5.56 oracle that eats anything i feed it. but i highly recommend bushmaster.

trpsteelnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I got a SBR that I have put about 10,000 rounds through without issue. Had a few double feeds, but they were mag issues. They did have a problem about 8, 9 years ago were the pin on top of the barrell that lined up the barrell to the upper reciever has not posisioned correctly making the front sight post canted like on some AK, but that prob was corrected. Otherwise, good guns.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    i owned a bushmaster xm15-e2s for about 6months before a friend made me an offer i couldnt turn down, while i had it i put about 800 rounds through it and it was a reliable gun 99% of the time, but it was a bit picky on ammo. it hated the lower end stuff. that seems to be a bushmaster thing from what i can tell, i own a dpms 5.56 oracle that eats anything i feed it. but i highly recommend bushmaster.

My Bushy prefers the cheaper ammo.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    it was a bit picky on ammo. it hated the lower end stuff. that seems to be a bushmaster thing from what i can tell,

Which "lower end stuff"? Steel cased or cheaper brass cased?

My Bushy prefers the cheaper ammo.

Mine eats everything I've fed it. Some Bushies have undersized chambers, some don't. I put 300 more rounds of Wolf through mine last weekend.

WarPig.jpg

Zero_ek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Alexandria
    I don't think they are really Trash. I put around 500 rounds through mine with no malfunctions. Ran it through a Carbine course and it did good. I just recently traded it off for a few handguns just to get into something different for a few months. I plan to buy another AR15 but It won't be a bushmaster this time. Nothing against bushmaster but I'd like something different next time.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Here we go again! :laugh:

If you search for AR-15 failures & maybe build a few ARs you'll start to see the common failures. Then you can take steps to help your gun not do those things.

:ingo:

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    my opinion is that Bushmaster is a good entry level rifle that anyone would be pleased to own. if you want a top dollar AR youll pay for one. $750.00 to $1000.00 really isnt that bad for a rifle like that. theyre dependable and durable all around good rifle to have in the safe. if you get one, get training and become proficient with it just in case you actually need to use it.:yesway:

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    ESRICE are you talking about internals or accessories when you say milspec parts?

The entire assembly is commonly held to a mil-spec in the majority of manufacturers AR components(uppers,lowers,BCG, etc. This is a +/- standard so not always precise, but it is supposed to ensure compatibility.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    ESRICE are you talking about internals or accessories when you say milspec parts?

Internals.

My Bushmaster Patrolman's M4 had a 1:9" barrel (milspec is 1:7), commercial FSB (not F-marked), barrel and BCG were batch inspected versus individually, blue extractor insert (not black), no o-ring, carrier staking was light, the barrel wasn't coated under the FSB, and the castle nut wasn't staked at all, among other things.

Top Bottom