• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    When i was in Iraq, lots of the security forces used Bushmasters. Theres absolutely nothing wrong or different about them.

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Johnny C, Please don't tell that to the Bushmasters I own!

Several years ago I went shooting with Shooter521 and after hitting a gong at 100 yards with 100 shots in a row from every position I could think of, Mark looked at me and said something about my boring rifle. I was shooting a standard 20 inch A2 just like the military carry, and it has always been flawless and amazingly accurate.

Oh, and the 100 rounds at 100 yards was done with iron sights only. That rifle made me look good!

I have 3 Bushies and would trust my life to any of them.

Take a look at the M4 feed ramps if they have them, and if everything is properly staked. Also, is the bolt HPT/MP tested? :rolleyes: Get back to me.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    For me the jury is still out as far as the new-made Bushmasters. I've "heard" of few bad ones, but haven't actually seen one. A couple of troublesome guns doesn't make the other thousands automatically turn into junkers. With that said I don't have a very high opinion at all of the way Remington seems to be running their products into the ground, sacrificing quality in order to turn maximum profit. It doesn't inspire alot of confidence.
    As far as taking one to war, I would if I had to, but I would first spend some time and money on even an older Bushmaster. I'd completely strip and rebuild the lower (buffer and action spring included), replace the bolt/bolt guts, and stake the carrier key.
    The only Bushmaster I have is an older HB 20" flat top. I haven't ran it to death. It is accurate.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    For me the jury is still out as far as the new-made Bushmasters. I've "heard" of few bad ones, but haven't actually seen one. A couple of troublesome guns doesn't make the other thousands automatically turn into junkers...

Well, the INGO forum consensus used to be that a couple of troublesome guns put out by DPMS made the thousands of others produced by them automatically turn into junkers. I can't see why we wouldn't pass judgment on Bushmaster as well and condemn them for their "poor quality control".

Even gun companies have employees that build on Mondays and Fridays.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I don't have one, but would be willing to take one off your hands!! I'll trade a Hi-Point 9mm pistol, an old 16g single shot shotgun, and an inline .50 cal muzzleloader for one!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    The Bushmasters I have had have been perfect in firing and perfect in extraction...I have no issues ...it is a perfect weapon and i would trust my life to it if i had to...dont really want to but it is a good tool for self defense....it seems to be well made...some guys frown on something unless it costs $2000. I made a good investment when i bought mine and i would recommend one to anyone wanting a quality firearm at a good price....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Bushmasters I have had have been perfect in firing and perfect in extraction...I have no issues ...it is a perfect weapon and i would trust my life to it if i had to...dont really want to but it is a good tool for self defense....it seems to be well made...some guys frown on something unless it costs $2000. I made a good investment when i bought mine and i would recommend one to anyone wanting a quality firearm at a good price....

No, the problem is not the Price Tags being so cheap. It is that they claim Standards that they do not meet. For your average Joe Anybody shooter that shoots it occasionally at they range plinking Targets. It is probably a Good Rifle, for those that choose to occasionally put it though its paces. Well, we are the ones telling Persons that they Gas Keys are not assembled properly, and staked correctly, Incorrect Extractor Spring, M-4'ish feed ramps that are incorrect, Some of the Rifles Chambers need Bored to Spec, or the Receiver Extension castle nut not staked properly...

Those Problems will not allow this rifle to perform to Hard Use Daily without being fixed. Generally you do not see these deficiencies in the Higher End AR's. That is why some of us gravitate to the higher priced guns...

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have a nephew who's in the Marines, and when I asked him what brand of rifles they use and which he liked the most...he said the Bushmaster rifles are the best out of everything they shoot. I'm not saying they're the best, but unlike most of us, his life will depend on it very soon.

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I have an ACR, a double-whammy as far as Bushmaster failures go, but I have had 0 problems in over 1000 rounds, so I guess it's really like getting a car, whether it was built on a monday or a friday, if you know what I mean

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a nephew who's in the Marines, and when I asked him what brand of rifles they use and which he liked the most...he said the Bushmaster rifles are the best out of everything they shoot. I'm not saying they're the best, but unlike most of us, his life will depend on it very soon.

Everyone I know that has served in Marine Corp or Army all where issued Colts.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Wasn't the Bushmaster contract quite a while back, before Colt beat them out on the newer contracts?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wasn't the Bushmaster contract quite a while back, before Colt beat them out on the newer contracts?

Its my understanding our military has never used Bushmasters, and the only purchase the DOD has ever made of them was as handouts to other countries.

"here, here is a free gun."

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    1) I think Remington could have acquired any AR Manufacturer, and they chose Bushmaster.

2) I've only had one customer service issue with them, and it concerned putting a different flash hider on the front of my A2. They, the shop, was absolutely fabulous in communications and service. They only charged me for the piece, and installed it for free. I of course paid shipping back and forth, but it was free labor, and I know it was installed perfect.

3) I'd buy the Remington Camo AR in a heartbeat, if I needed one, because it's a Bushmaster!!:patriot:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    1) I think Remington could have acquired any AR Manufacturer, and they chose Bushmaster.

2) I've only had one customer service issue with them, and it concerned putting a different flash hider on the front of my A2. They, the shop, was absolutely fabulous in communications and service. They only charged me for the piece, and installed it for free. I of course paid shipping back and forth, but it was free labor, and I know it was installed perfect.

3) I'd buy the Remington Camo AR in a heartbeat, if I needed one, because it's a Bushmaster!!:patriot:

The owner of Bushmaster sold out to them. The employees once employed by Bushmaster where not ofered jobs working for Remington.

Top Bottom