• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    I have a question for the AR guys out there. I am looking into purchasing my first AR15 and was wondering how they are priced in comparison to the MSRP. For example, I purchased a Springfield 1911 in August at the Indy 1500 and paid about $230 below MSRP from Springfield's website. I handled quite a few DPMS models at this past 1500 and they all seemed to be asking right around the MSRP from the DPMS site. Is that normal because of demand, or can they be found cheaper than that at area gun shops?

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    prices one these guns vary tremendously. there are so many makers of ar's now that it is a sea of confusion. it depends on what ar 15 you are looking to determine price and discount off of msrp.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    This might be a real dumb question...I have a Bushmaster Patrolman's carbine. I can buy any upper and swap it onto the Bushmaster lower? Does it have to be a carbine upper? Does it have to be another Bushmaster upper?

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    You can use almost any upper and lower combination with the exception of some caliber exceptions. The ar was designed to be easy to have the parts interchange. You can take off the stock 16 carbine upper and put on a 24inch on and it will still work fine.

Keep in mind though, there are differences and because of that, some upper fight super tight in the lower, so tight in fact you might have to grind it just a little, or on the other end the upper might be a little lose, and there is a small thingy-mer-ginger that fits between the two to tighten it up.

I use this rule for upper and lower matchin, "If it is made for 5.56, it can go together"

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I have a question for the AR guys out there. I am looking into purchasing my first AR15 and was wondering how they are priced in comparison to the MSRP. For example, I purchased a Springfield 1911 in August at the Indy 1500 and paid about $230 below MSRP from Springfield's website. I handled quite a few DPMS models at this past 1500 and they all seemed to be asking right around the MSRP from the DPMS site. Is that normal because of demand, or can they be found cheaper than that at area gun shops?

Forums are your friend. I just bought a dpms 16 for 550 FTF on the west side from a guy i met on another forum. Or if you wanna save some money, by the Local lowers from Michiana and a lower parts kit from anywhere, then a complete upper. If you get the lower secured, all other items can be bought online and shipped to your door without the need for FFL.

ARs are simple to put together really, if you can follow directions and arn't afraid that is..:) But i believe in you, and would be more then happy to help ya put it together..:D

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    You can use almost any upper and lower combination with the exception of some caliber exceptions. The ar was designed to be easy to have the parts interchange. You can take off the stock 16 carbine upper and put on a 24inch on and it will still work fine.

Keep in mind though, there are differences and because of that, some upper fight super tight in the lower, so tight in fact you might have to grind it just a little, or on the other end the upper might be a little lose, and there is a small thingy-mer-ginger that fits between the two to tighten it up.

I use this rule for upper and lower matchin, "If it is made for 5.56, it can go together"

Thanks! :yesway:

Top Bottom