• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    I've owned a 37mm Launcher (signaling device) and they're pretty safe and fun. I only used breaks (fireworks) and bird bombs but it's going to be interesting to hear what happened and I hope the guy is Ok. As in anything everyone should know that if you use ammo or weapons for anything else than what it's intended for then you put you or anyone else at risk

You could end up like this guy

*WARNING VERY GRAPHIC* - You've been warned

SAFETY

OUCH! Those last pics are pretty brutal...

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I assure you, nothing going on was illegal. It was a horrific accident that I still cannot get out of my mind. I was watching him from 10' behind when it happened. Kevin did not deserve this in any possible way. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. All of us there are having a tough time dealing with what happened. He called me last night. He is now home and starting a long recovery process. He has major damage to his hand. He is lucky to be alive. He is also the toughest SOB I've ever had the pleasure to know.

As far as the ATF and/or cops. It's their job to check things out. How they went about it was probably protocol but it definately was done with no compassion for the people involved. -1 on them for not showing some common decency. No, I will not go into further detail whether anyone likes it or not. I'm done talking about this and just want to try and get it out of my mind and to do anything I can to help my friend recover.

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    Fifteen years ago I bought some 37mm bird bombs at a gun show. Went out one night with friends to try them out. First one exploded in the tube and blew the launcher to pieces and bent the barrel on the M4 along with breaking the lower receiver of the rifle it was mounted on. I lost the hearing in my right ear and another friend got injured with frag. Frag peppered everything for a hundred feet around. We were very lucky that day. I told another friend that bought some at the same time, and DUH, he had the same thing happen to him. Long story short. The manufacturer had just lost their insurance and they went to prison on unrelated charges.

Top Bottom