• ...and so much more!
  • Eagle21

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 23, 2017
    Hamilton Co. / Marion Co.
    Recently bought a Colt AR15A3/6721 Tactical Carbine upper. Ideally I will find a matching* lower but so far it has proven difficult to find.
    Understanding any lower will suffice Ild still like to have some taste to the complete rifle if that makes sense. Having said that, what lower would you run if you could not find a match to its upper?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Well played

Then throw some DD parts into it.
    $118
    1705710805067.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Recently bought a Colt AR15A3/6721 Tactical Carbine upper. Ideally I will find a matching* lower but so far it has proven difficult to find.
    Understanding any lower will suffice Ild still like to have some taste to the complete rifle if that makes sense. Having said that, what lower would you run if you could not find a match to its upper?

Now double check this site out before you buy if these are what you're interested in.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Any milspec lower will do, as long as you're not chasing specific markings or cloner stuff. If you don't care about markings just grab whatever lower you want.

PSA and Aero complete lowers are usually decent deals. Anderson stripped lowers are fine as long as you build them out with a decent, not Chinese junk LPK. Or you could go up market and buy a nicer name brand, but in my experience QC and brand matters a lot more on uppers than lowers.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Any milspec lower will do, as long as you're not chasing specific markings or cloner stuff. If you don't care about markings just grab whatever lower you want.

PSA and Aero complete lowers are usually decent deals. Anderson stripped lowers are fine as long as you build them out with a decent, not Chinese junk LPK. Or you could go up market and buy a nicer name brand, but in my experience QC and brand matters a lot more on uppers than lowers.
    Aero does make a very nice lower and upper.
    They've raised their prices to go along with it too. Gone are the inexpensive Aero lowers, and uppers.
    Nowadays you can buy BCM for around the same price as an Aero when on sale.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

Now double check this site out before you buy if these are what you're interested in.
    I have ordered a lot of stuff from armsunlimted, they're good to go.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Aero does make a very nice lower and upper.
    They've raised their prices to go along with it too. Gone are the inexpensive Aero lowers, and uppers.
    Nowadays you can buy BCM for around the same price as an Aero when on sale.
    That sucks. Haven't bought an Aero in several years. Last time I did a complete lower was well under $200.

Eagle21

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 23, 2017
    Hamilton Co. / Marion Co.
    There's some many to choose from for every budget.
    Honestly I’m kinda open on price for a matching colt a3 lower.

I like the colt “carbine” lower that @DadSmith found. It’s not matching but close enough for comfort.

This isn’t a clone build or anything like that but I wanted something that tastefully went with the upper. Nothing against any ambi lowers etc but not the build for it in my opinion.

I also had found a a2 style FN lower that’s decently priced around $400 complete. Not crazy about it but kinda goes to that era of what was in use and common.

I guess my question should be, if I were to sell a complete rifle with the 6721 colt upper what lower makes you avoid the buy-example Anderson and what lower makes someone want to buy- example matching colt? I’m not interested in selling but always purchase with an exit plan in mind. And realize buyers taste and most importantly price are the most influencing variables of sale.

I’m gonna rule out BCM on this one just due to having too many already (good problem to have.)
    Here is the three on my short list as of now. Let me know what everyone likes best. And if you’re in the camp of it’s a lower it doesn’t matter, that’s cool, I get it, but may be missing the intention here.
    IMG_2384.jpeg IMG_2383.jpeg IMG_2382.jpeg

Last edited:

kyledmiller36

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2023
    Fishers
    .Honestly I’m kinda open on price for a matching colt a3 lower.

I like the colt “carbine” lower that @DadSmith found. It’s not matching but close enough for comfort.

This isn’t a clone build or anything like that but I wanted something that tastefully went with the upper. Nothing against any ambi lowers etc but not the build for it in my opinion.

I also had found a a2 style FN lower that’s decently priced around $400 complete. Not crazy about it but kinda goes to that era of what was in use and common.

I guess my question should be, if I were to sell a complete rifle with the 6721 colt upper what lower makes you avoid the buy-example Anderson and what lower makes someone want to buy- example matching colt? I’m not interested in selling but always purchase with an exit plan in mind. And realize buyers taste and most importantly price are the most influencing variables of sale.

I’m gonna rule out BCM on this one just due to having too many already (good problem to have.)
    Here is the three on my short list as of now. Let me know what everyone likes best. And if you’re in the camp of it’s a lower it doesn’t matter, that’s cool, I get it, but may be missing the intention here.
    View attachment 327201 View attachment 327202 View attachment 327203
    Eagle21 what website did you find the lowers on? Thank you.

Top Bottom