• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm relatively new to red dots (having had Burris red dots, etc. on .22 rifles, but only cheapies) and am having to learn the good / bad / ugly + in's & out's of red dots...
    I know there's several out there to pick from...I just want to make sure I'm satisfied with the one I pick for the EPC build.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I built an Aero EPC but used a Faxon 8.3” barrel and BCG simply because I could not find an Aero one at the time. Im am 100% happy with my build. Aero stuff IMO is really nice with great fit and finish.
    With your 8.3" barrel...did you use the heavier 'straight' barrel or the 'slender' pencil barrel?
    I'm typically a heavier-barrel sort of person...always have been.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    With your 8.3" barrel...did you use the heavier 'straight' barrel or the 'slender' pencil barrel?
    I'm typically a heavier-barrel sort of person...always have been.
    I used the Faxon 8.5” (sorry thought it was 8.3”) Light Tapered, 9mm SAMMI 4150QPQ barrel. Hope that helps!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just recently picked up an AR9 pistol. I was on the fence about one for quite some time, now I wish I hadn't waited so long. So much fun!!! Great shooter.

I went with a blem from PSA 8" barrel, and am very happy with it for the price. Only con I have is it lacks the last round bolt hold open, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Only had one range trip so far, but it was 100% with all ammo types through 350 rounds. Love that it takes Glock mags.

It shoots great, and is pretty darn accurate.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Just finished building the lower for this folding 7.5" barrel AR-15 pistol with a MFT fin brace. Upper is Palmetto State Armory. Used Aero Precision Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit sans trigger (Giessele 2-stage) and grip (MagPul), and Aero Precision Mil-Spec Buffer Tube kit. All the Aero Precision parts were very well made and installed with no problem or fitting required except for takedown pin spring as it goes under the pistol grip in this folding lower, not under the buffer tube end plate. I was impressed by the Aero Precision parts; excellent value for their price - big bang for your buck. I think you'll be pleased with Aero Precision parts. Building the lower was easier than I thought it would be. All hand tools. A couple gunsmith tools such as the wrench for the buffer tube castle nut, and a receiver block to hold the lower and upper in a vise while I worked on them, but those were inexpensive. Everything else was common hand tools plus a modest bench vise.

IMG_1227 2048.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just recently picked up an AR9 pistol. I was on the fence about one for quite some time, now I wish I hadn't waited so long. So much fun!!! Great shooter.

I went with a blem from PSA 8" barrel, and am very happy with it for the price. Only con I have is it lacks the last round bolt hold open, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Only had one range trip so far, but it was 100% with all ammo types through 350 rounds. Love that it takes Glock mags.

It shoots great, and is pretty darn accurate.
    I built an Ar9 pistol using a PSA ,9mm dedicated lower that takes Colt mags.
    Mine has the last round bolt hold open feature.

Top Bottom