• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2023
    Indiana
    You sound like a blast to be around. Poor guy I bet you run into assholes all day, huh?
    No, actually just you. My students love me and think my class is the best. I even used my $3,000 performance bonus last year to help fund my Sig SG553 that I built IMG_1505.jpg using parts I sourced from the God of thunder. I also had to endure the hells of the gum drop forest to have it blessed by John Moses Browning himself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2023
    Indiana
    If I answer with yes, does it end this convo? If it does then YES!!!
    So, I really have to teach you that to stop a conversation you just shut your mouth. Sounds like something your parents should have taught you. You have that in common with a lot of young students today as well.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    16" SPR? I like the new MLOK handguard.
    Just going to be my kinda GP rig ....I have a 14.5 that the eotech actually belongs on setup for my nightvision and my dd5v4. 308 for more precise shooting
    I wouldn't mind doing a mk12 spr kinda thing sometime down the road ....maybe a mk12 inspired 6mmarc would be cool.....

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You completely missed the point of how ridiculous prices have become and normalized among the gun industry,
    Ok, wow! That turned into a crap show pretty fast. But about this one particular thing he did, sort of, have a point. I paid ~$1800.00 for my LMT MARS Lt only a few years ago. Now they are $2400+. However, everything is going up and not coming down anytime soon. So is it the gun industry jacking prices to make a buck, or simply inflation doing what inflation does?

PIC thread!
    20231117_072050.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ok so dumb question. Should I move the scope forward on my rifle? I know it's common to run the optic slightly forward or even with the charging handle for ease of manipulation, but with the length of pull set to where I like it, 5th click, where it is gives me proper eye relief when I bring it to my shoulder. So does it really make a difference or is it more personal preference? This rifle is still a work in progress so I am willing to make changes if it will improve anything. Thanks to anyone who responds!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ok so dumb question. Should I move the scope forward on my rifle? I know it's common to run the optic slightly forward or even with the charging handle for ease of manipulation, but with the length of pull set to where I like it, 5th click, where it is gives me proper eye relief when I bring it to my shoulder. So does it really make a difference or is it more personal preference? This rifle is still a work in progress so I am willing to make changes if it will improve anything. Thanks to anyone who responds!

My scopes are positioned where I can avoid scope shadow in any shooting position I am likely to get into, including prone, with the stock set at a comfortable length of pull for those positions. Avoiding all scope shadow is not always possible from all positions, however you can usually get close with careful adjustment.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My scopes are positioned where I can avoid scope shadow in any shooting position I am likely to get into, including prone, with the stock set at a comfortable length of pull for those positions. Avoiding all scope shadow is not always possible from all positions, however you can usually get close with careful adjustment.
    Ok so basically wherever I get the best scope picture in a variety of shooting positions, regardless of the position of the eyepiece to the charging handle. Gotcha. So more T&E is necessary.

Also can anyone recommend some good 45° buis? I'm thinking about ditching the Troys. They've already come loose within just a couple hundred rounds.

Top Bottom