557.1 KB · Views: 51

koren044

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2021
    Bloomington IN
    08FA7F1C-7962-4806-8281-792D68E73B4D.jpeg

My goal was to build a really solid home defense AR for a moderate budget. So based on a friend’s advice i ended up with the following:

BCA/BCM lower and MCMR upper (bought separately for some reason buying separately was cheaper than buying a complete BCM)
    Wilson combat bolt assembly
    Geissele trigger
    Radian safety (45 degrees)
    Radian raptor charging handle
    JP enterprises stock spring
    Eotech xps 2.0 on a Larue mount
    Modlite light attachment

A very accurate shooter. I’m very happy with it.

(Also pictured, Beretta 92X Langdon modified with NPT treatment and a surfire light attachment)

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    Now I'm looking through your posts. I have seen this rifle elsewhere. You definitely need more tan builds. Don't think you have enough shades of FDE going on here. On a serious note a pantone dual cc is on my list for buys later down the road.
    Mine are ral8000 but they are excellent scopes. Definitely the overall best lpvo out there in terms of overall performance. There’s probably going to be a scar 17 build in my future so more shades of FDE will be had

MRE Milkshake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2022
    Indianapolis
    PXL_20220509_232624187.jpg

S&W MP-15 that I picked on at the Indy Gun & Knife Show back in March. Still a WIP build because I am on a tight budget but still getting there! Right now I'm running all Magpul furniture but am looking to eventually get a KAC RAS for my handguard, change my front sight/gas block to a A frame A2 one, get a close range holosight and a mid range optic. Later when I have a little more money to throw at it I plan on getting it to be a 14.5 after going through the ATF and all that.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    How are you liking the ACOG? Is it worth the money to run in your opinion?
    I like it a lot. Easy hits on man size targets out to 400. That IMO is about the longest effective range I'd take a 5.56. I have the RMR on there now. I like the 1x and 4x set up cause it gives me 0-75yds or even a 100yds with the red dot and the 4x out further without taking either of my hands off the rifle. It's easier and faster to move your head up and down an inch or so than to mess with a mag ring when transitioning target distances. So yes, I think they're worth it. They're near bomb proof too

Attachments

• 20220430_141059.jpg
      20220430_141059.jpg
      365.8 KB · Views: 12

MRE Milkshake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I like it a lot. Easy hits on man size targets out to 400. That IMO is about the longest effective range I'd take a 5.56. I have the RMR on there now. I like the 1x and 4x set up cause it gives me 0-75yds or even a 100yds with the red dot and the 4x out further without taking either of my hands off the rifle. It's easier and faster to move your head up and down an inch or so than to mess with a mag ring when transitioning target distances. So yes, I think they're worth it. They're near bomb proof too
    Great! Thanks for the input! I've heard mixed reviews on them, and I wanted to get another opinion.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    View attachment 199645

S&W MP-15 that I picked on at the Indy Gun & Knife Show back in March. Still a WIP build because I am on a tight budget but still getting there! Right now I'm running all Magpul furniture but am looking to eventually get a KAC RAS for my handguard, change my front sight/gas block to a A frame A2 one, get a close range holosight and a mid range optic. Later when I have a little more money to throw at it I plan on getting it to be a 14.5 after going through the ATF and all that.
    Don't upgrade that m&p. Upgrade from it to something better. Until then just shoot it and enjoy it.
    Eotechs are fine. You can always move that to the new carbine.
    14.5 isn't worth a tax stamp. Just get a muzzle device pinned and welded to 16"

MRE Milkshake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Don't upgrade that m&p. Upgrade from it to something better. Until then just shoot it and enjoy it.
    Eotechs are fine. You can always move that to the new carbine.
    14.5 isn't worth a tax stamp. Just get a muzzle device pinned and welded to 16"
    From what I've heard the MP-15 is pretty good for it's price. It'll be a while before I have the ability to afford something a lot nicer, and am honestly probably just gonna look towards assembling mine own once I've got enough saved up. Until then I just plan on this being my general workhorse.

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    From what I've heard the MP-15 is pretty good for it's price. It'll be a while before I have the ability to afford something a lot nicer, and am honestly probably just gonna look towards assembling mine own once I've got enough saved up. Until then I just plan on this being my general workhorse.
    BCM rifles have been extremely reliable for me without reaching the price points of things like LMT and KAC. Ive had 3 different BCM rifles, they are a little more than the M&P but they are very good. The KD4 upper is one of the single most accurate factory uppers I have shot. With good 77gr ammo it is easily half moa to 500 yards and still sub-moa beyond that.

Top Bottom