• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Most recent. Scored Aero Precision complete lower and bcg still in blister pack from fellow INGOer at Boone County courthouse. I lucked into massive Presidents Day sale on upper (SOCOM barrel, chrome-lined, mid length, 1:7 twist, Anchor Harvey marked), bought Radian ambi charging handle in FDE (I mean, I had to).

AR-15 for less than price of a new Glock in 2022. Just need BCM or Centurion single stage trigger and BUIS (Troy fanboy).

1646488760874.png

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    The only ar15 I regretted selling. My lmt mrp. I need another...am I a hipster b/c I like "retro" things? #quadrails #KACvertGrip #SOPMOD #ergogrip #ACOGsortof

e0ebfe7c515dab19dfa5e2d34f7aa221.jpg

Last edited:

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    The S&B is arguably the best overall LPVO of them out there. The only one with better clarity at distance (800+ yards) surprisingly was the leupold CQBSS, but the turrets are ok and the reticles suck. The clicks on the ATACR turrets are a little bit nicer, the new FcDMX reticle fixes my main complaint, but the clarity is not as good as the S&B, and the low profile turrets can be a little harder to access.

That being said, as a total package the S&B performs the best. Though with their price increases its hard to justify it really being worth it at this point. If money isn't an object I'd still pick the S&B, but with the improvements to the ATACR's reticle, it's close enough in performance that the S&B isn't really $2000 better. I really like both of mine, but all of my future LPVO's are going to be the ATACR.

I've not been super impressed with the vortex 1-10. Past 8x its not great, its chromatic aberration is kind of significant, and I really wasn't a fan of the turrets.

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    The S&B is arguably the best overall LPVO of them out there. The only one with better clarity at distance (800+ yards) surprisingly was the leupold CQBSS, but the turrets are ok and the reticles suck. The clicks on the ATACR turrets are a little bit nicer, the new FcDMX reticle fixes my main complaint, but the clarity is not as good as the S&B, and the low profile turrets can be a little harder to access.

That being said, as a total package the S&B performs the best. Though with their price increases its hard to justify it really being worth it at this point. If money isn't an object I'd still pick the S&B, but with the improvements to the ATACR's reticle, it's close enough in performance that the S&B isn't really $2000 better. I really like both of mine, but all of my future LPVO's are going to be the ATACR.

I've not been super impressed with the vortex 1-10. Past 8x its not great, its chromatic aberration is kind of significant, and I really wasn't a fan of the turrets.
    I really appreciate that insight, I have had some spendy glass in the past but those days are over. I don’t have the disposable coin to try a bunch and settle on a favorite like I used to.

I have always loved NF, and their ATACR line started using Euro Schott glass I heard, which explains the much better clarity form the ones I’ve drooled on in shops.

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    I really appreciate that insight, I have had some spendy glass in the past but those days are over. I don’t have the disposable coin to try a bunch and settle on a favorite like I used to.

I have always loved NF, and their ATACR line started using Euro Schott glass I heard, which explains the much better clarity form the ones I’ve drooled on in shops.
    I've been lucky to be part of a fairly large competitive gas gun shooting community around here, and the division I shoot is limited to 10x as the max mag with a required 1x on the low end. Shooting with this group has allowed me time behind pretty much every major LPVO currently out there.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    IMG_20220312_141539.jpg

Final form of the retro middy Blood Diamond/Irene wannabe I was working on recently. Couple of y'all might have seen it at the RFS match last week running a conversion kit.

It's a Del-Ton 16" midlength barrel kit with a slip-over make believe moderator. Reasonably happy with the camo. It's heavy but not excessively so. Shooting from chin weld is a hoot.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    gun1.jpg gun2.jpg
    I put a midwest industries rail on my former patrol rifle in an attempt to make a perfect (for me) general purpose rifle. rigged up a IWC mount n slot light mount with mlok screws and nuts until i can save some pennies for an mlok mount. next additions will be the mlok light mount and slate black industries grip panels and vfg and further down the line a better light.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    gun.jpg
    PSA m4a1 marked lower with ptac upper that shoots surprisingly well with an old bushmaster carry handle and IWC mount n slot mount and streamlight poly tac. then an anderson lower with radical upper in 300blk. i had the dept armorer do a once over on it to make sure it was good to go do to radicals reputation. stuck some samson sights on it. it also shoots very well for what it is at 1.5-1.75" at 100 off a rest with my best reloads.

Top Bottom