• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I haven't been in any local gun shops since the buying frenzy started, but I am curious about the pricing on AR-15's if one could be found locally. Walmart has not raised their prices, if you can find one that has stock. How is the pricing currently at local shops?

I'm thinking of visiting several tomorrow and trying to determine what my chances are of finding one that is not 1.5 to 2 times the normal price.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven't been in any local gun shops since the buying frenzy started, but I am curious about the pricing on AR-15's if one could be found locally. Walmart has not raised their prices, if you can find one that has stock. How is the pricing currently at local shops?

I'm thinking of visiting several tomorrow and trying to determine what my chances are of finding one that is not 1.5 to 2 times the normal price.

Good luck.

I'm betting your pickin's will be mighty slim.

Let us know what you find.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    Good luck finding any "sporting rifles" at all. If you do, they will be in the $1500 + range.

Not true. I was in Orion Arms in Jeffersonville Indiana at around 4:45pm today and they brought out a few AR-15s to the floor. Average price was 1100.

Last edited:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Not true. I was in Orion Arms in Jeffersonville Indiana at around 4:45pm today and they brought out a few AR-15s to the floor. Average price was 1100.

That's good to hear someone has their heart in the right place. You say average, what was the low end?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I was asked "where to buy" three times at xmas from a normally non-gun family.

You too? My brother and his wife are the furthest thing from "gun people". Wouldn't you know it, at Christmas we had a long talk about guns, and he's the one that brought it up. Crazy...

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    In my case I am an Army veteran and a gun owner. I do not currently own an AR-15 and planned to pick one up in Jan. however, recent events has made that plan more difficult.

I am not looking for one to try and flip for a profit.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    That's good to hear someone has their heart in the right place. You say average, what was the low end?

Only 3 rifles and the one I was salivating over was a Rock River Arms LAR 15. It was right around $1100. I believe the lowest price one (couldn't tell you the details of make) was $950 ish.

I know if I had had the cash on me I would have purchased the one I was looking at right then and there. But, I don't buy anything weapon related using my debit / credit card.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Watched the last AR go out the door at one of my favorite LGS today for the listed price on the tag. It was the same price 3 weeks ago. I know the idiot that bought it was headed for Gun Brokers. We all just shook our heads.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Wittaker is still selling their AR's for regular prices, at least until distributors start gouging. They have had lines every morning waiting for the previous nights shipments.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

Was in there few days before the Sandy Hook fiasco.....rifles on'a floor racks ......Panther's,3 of'em 659......Windham's...3 of'em 759.....2 Bushmaster's....759.......
    Was in there last week......place look like been RAPED......nuth'n at the back counter at all.....most accessories gone.....lot'sa 'chics' look like they'd never even held gun up,was BUY'n, LOL! :):

4473's was take'n.......?.......more'n 3 hrs.......:):

Top Bottom