teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Latest pew pew:

e3pvx0A.jpg

It's an all BCM rifle. It's as simple as it gets, a 16" mid length CHF upper with iron sights. So far all I've done is zero it and it's machined so well that putting everything together and squeezing shots at 50 yards I was already pretty much zeroed. All I did was fine tune an inch or so from there. Next phase will be heating it up with some mag dumps and training.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It's actually not a chin weld, it's still a cheek weld, just your head is upright rather than kissing the buffer tube.

I've been working on seeing how nifty of a little gun I can put together on the cheap. Only have $700 total in it so far, may get a cheap holosun magnifier and a decent trigger for it, ideally keep it as the best bang for the buck under $1k.

Need to get a better picture, but for now this'll do.

678YyxF.jpg

Had concerns about reliability, but so far it runs like a sewing machine.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Been having so much fun with this thing.... Yes it has a reason or five to knock it, but dang it has been fun.

y4mt-wLdyM8qunVswY0yo3kLHlCA3DkAicGWRTl9m5ooSjaRjYwIydbNH3cbxq9SZ5uYNixJmg-dTU3yoFbp86fX6TbxY8jBUeIGyRaWwuNMBK8T5PofcVsD7YoQPIvoAPe-p7PWWCVHh5rBFyYS72qaV52c0x4KmPfXVgrzhi1yRgkyDCHEst2MKqfomD5bWnsKdeisXFX2hW2yCS7gkXGhg

y4mh0gIbvnLr4KFCMGdsIavTlOAl8ZFqpaj9i_F_jJSDrU9u1N5_VIF22QQ9KXIE5Ka8QIaIdYq0IMVFuFCp_7z2x-j7SrwXL2yaieOH4M1Rk7jeCLcJ4GbUOAdynCg5rLNwuiM6QrdCd3CLT0BdiCCroyzoKOWkb1WYD39n1D4Y0j9s-1XsLXtt7czS3eczOmjjQozftKJwoLXK9qWncCdYw

y4maq2hi4r3QyxS4Dt_vRHKUYqTc93JbbLs0XJqaZJUgOyFvQR76ZICpMpJK7E-4z9DWApbGOTJTanLtnJLt1uJ-b77jypRmReyq0O4qb_62qsKcKr4cMHPq9CThlzZHs3HuRpkOQpbcCry53xxbBmzD8GiupJ3DIAj-9zLp_RPKYVcNuzWp1cfqmg8aw42o7yjUZvRBZp7Uyz9JTUbWtubIw

Last edited:

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    details on FSB and light/hand stop?

Front sight base / gas block is Double Star. Only gripe is that it is lower than the rail of the upper. There are sites that can manage the difference in height but they are limited. I think there is also a spacer that can be used. The hand stop is a BCM KAG that I ground the front off of so it would clear the light/laser. The light is Tacticon Firefly V2. basically a knockoff of knockoffs that people keep rebranding on Amazon. It is cheap. I think it’s super cool and the light seems to work really well for its size. Issue is that it has terrible mounting. I was pressed for space and had a vision and it actually worked. LOL. I plan to modify the light so that it uses two screws in the picatinny mounting.

edit: Just found out double star offers a front sight block that is called “same plane” so it is flush with the upper rail.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Front sight base / gas block is Double Star. Only gripe is that it is lower than the rail of the upper. There are sites that can manage the difference in height but they are limited. I think there is also a spacer that can be used. The hand stop is a BCM KAG that I ground the front off of so it would clear the light/laser. The light is Tacticon Firefly V2. basically a knockoff of knockoffs that people keep rebranding on Amazon. It is cheap. I think it’s super cool and the light seems to work really well for its size. Issue is that it has terrible mounting. I was pressed for space and had a vision and it actually worked. LOL. I plan to modify the light so that it uses two screws in the picatinny mounting.

edit: Just found out double star offers a front sight block that is called “same plane” so it is flush with the upper rail.

YHM makes a BIUS sight for those lower FSB.
    https://yhm.net/gas-block-mounted-front-flip-sight.html

They also make a gas block riser.
    https://yhm.net/gas-block-riser.html

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I feel like he can put that patch in there with just the dual tubes alone :bowdown: I have two 14's in the thought my wife would use one with me a lot or a buddy but I really just need to sell them both and upgrade to duals. It just so much more money to get what I want! I'm still too poor to justify it!

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Why not run duals still get the benefits of binocular vision and can still unclip one for someone else

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Picked up a lower from my LGS yesterday to start my first personal AR build (considering I get paid to build them nearly every day it's not necessarily my first?)

It's definitely a budget build (PSA) but I'm looking forward to getting it together. Goal is for a classically styled, simple, and practical setup.

Parts list:
    PSA stripped lower
    PSA 10.5 nitride complete upper (A2 gas block/post, and furniture)
    PSA LPK
    KAK Shockwave 2.0
    UTG slim fixed rear sight

Will likely add a Romeo 5 and figure out a simple light mount, possibly the IWC mount, and call it a day. May upgrade the BCG down the road depending on how it runs.

Anyways, it's definitely budget, but should be a nice simple setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom