• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The news coverage would make for a good drinking game. Every time a talking head says "AR-15" or "high-capacity magazine", take a drink. If I were a drinker, I'd be blotto by now if I were playing along.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The Pink Pistols (LGBT gun rights group) has published a statement here.

It would be great to get them out in front of as many cameras/microphones as possible to help counter the anti-gun rhetoric that is already coming out.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Supposed to have been a security guard as well. So he would have been through more background checks than the average guy. So much for the argument for background checks.
    Supposed to have had a suicide vest, so a gun is not the only weapon. Does anyone believe terrorists can't get weapons in some other way than the local gun shop? (France?)

Sure. Behind any 7/11 store after midnight. :rolleyes:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I am learning so much about AR's from the expert media. I had no idea you can get off 100 rnds in 9 seconds. Or that AR's are fully automatic weapons. I'm so much more informed now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know that the shooter specifically listened to this Muslim scholar who spoke in Orlando less than a week ago, but it is part of the cultural background.

[video=youtube_share;qBlwxqqAprQ]http://youtu.be/qBlwxqqAprQ[/video]

Uh oh, sounds like someone needs some diversity training...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't know that the shooter specifically listened to this Muslim scholar who spoke in Orlando less than a week ago, but it is part of the cultural background.

[video=youtube_share;qBlwxqqAprQ]http://youtu.be/qBlwxqqAprQ[/video]

You. Can't. Make. This. ****. Up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One thing no one has mentioned, is how squared away Orlando SWAT was in this instance. Dynamic entry, into that Hell, with people dead and dying, thumping music, and they got their man with no loss of their team. FN go getters.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Facts that are know up to this point.

52 killed/52 injured, many in ICU. 1 Officer injured, helmet saved him.

Shooter born in New York, US Citizen; Parents from Afghanistan. 29 years old. Twice divorced.
    http://i.imgur.com/UXSPFK8.jpg

Registered Democrat.
    http://flvoters.com/by_number/1144/84524_omar_mir_seddique_mateen.html

Licensed armed security guard in the state of Florida. Only allowed to be armed with a .38 Cal revolver or 9MM pistol while on duty.

Drove 125 miles to hit that particular nightclub. Timed attack for when it was about to close. Approximately 320 people inside.

Engaged by off duty officer when it started, no word on that officer.

3 hours between the attack and SWAT going in due to, it was thought, suicide vest/explosives.

Was investigated twice by the FBI with regards to possible islamist ties; nothing actionable at the time (2013/2014).

Pledged support to ISIS prior to attack. Bragged about ties to islamist groups on social media.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Facts that are know up to this point.

52 killed/52 injured, many in ICU. 1 Officer injured, helmet saved him.

Shooter born in New York, US Citizen; Parents from Afghanistan. 29 years old. Twice divorced. Registered Democrat.
    http://flvoters.com/by_number/1144/84524_omar_mir_seddique_mateen.html

Licensed armed security guard in the state of Florida. Only allowed to be armed with a .38 Cal revolver or 9MM pistol while on duty.

Drove 125 miles to hit that particular nightclub. Timed attack for when it was about to close. Approximately 320 people inside.

Engaged by off duty officer when it started, no word on that officer.

3 hours between the attack and SWAT going in due to, it was thought, suicide vest/explosives.

Was investigated twice by the FBI with regards to possible islamist ties; nothing actionable at the time (2013/2014).

Pledged support to ISIS prior to attack. Bragged about ties to islamist groups on social media.

Peter King was giving the FBI Hell over the fact that after investigating Manteen, the strong possibility that they didn't pass the info along to local LE. I'd imagine to most cops, he's preaching to the choir.

Top Bottom