• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll be at the range by 7:30. Registration between 8-8:30.

Walk-ons are welcome, so if anyone decides to come at the last minute we'll see you in the morning!

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Great instructors today, I even heard them mention bacon!:bacondance:

428425_431394470225367_213524395_n.jpg

ATM

Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ That's what we looked like at the end of the day. ;)

Good to meet you, Pitmaster. :yesway:

It was a tad warm, but a good shoot. Hopefully we can shoot in the rain tomorrow! :rockwoot:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    My face got more than a little red today. Off to get some sunburn treatment in a little bit.

Great meeting you and everyone else. You definitely have some musical talent.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Next one at Crawfordsville will be a midweek event Tuesday-Wednesday, July 17-18.

Hope it works out!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    ATM, your musical skills were mentioned at Atterbury today. It sounds like I need to make one of your shoots ready to hum a tune in harmony with you...:)

We had a good day too.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    atm sings some great songs for sure. he is a character to say the least. lol my wife thought it was fun and enjoyed his catchy tunes. definitely fun today but damn it was hot. I remember why I usually only show up for fall and winter appleseeds now lol :)

Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    SASS and I had a great time this weekend. The instruction and training was great. Definite improvement on this end. Crawfordsville Gun Club is an excellent host club.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    glad you had a good time pit. it was a pleasure meeting you. it was crazy hot both days and humid. with your eye pro on it was hard to see as the sweat ran down and dripped in your eyes. it made seeing the 300 and 400 very hard to see for sure. it was a great weekend filled with lots of learning, heritage and history.

I shot my best standing group ever. standing is always a good position for me for some reason but this group was awesome lol. I was stoked when I saw it. ruger 10-22 with tech sights.

f1dd8a1b.jpg

Last edited:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^^ That was a great standing group. Heck, that would be a pretty good seated group!

It was a great weekend for the hearty souls that braved the heat.

Sunday morning started a bit cooler with lots of cloud cover but, sadly, no rain. :(

I started the official AAR here: Crawfordsville, IN June 16-17, 2012

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    shot my best standing group ever. standing is always a good position for me for some reason but this group was awesome lol. I was stoked when I saw it. ruger 10-22 with tech sights.
    That was quite impressive. Shooting to definitely be proud of.

I need a lot of work on standing. Sitting too. Might as well add prone.:):

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    glad you had a good time pit. it was a pleasure meeting you. it was crazy hot both days and humid. with your eye pro on it was hard to see as the sweat ran down and dripped in your eyes. it made seeing the 300 and 400 very hard to see for sure.

One thing I got out of it was the motivation to find a solution and ran across
    Buy Head Sweatbands - Cotton Sports Sweat Headbands | STbands.com. I picked up a variety to try including the GUTR and Halo II. I hope that one or both work. I suspect I will use them both together and buy a large Boonie Hat. I'll be styling then. I need to find my Blue Hat as a priority. Since I promised my wife I would be home for her garage sale Saturday I'll have time to look around for it.

Hoping to make Lake Village.

Top Bottom