Appendix carry red dot guys - do you manscape?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I finally switched over to a red dot on my carry gun not too long ago. I appendix carry and I am a relatively hairy dude. Maybe it is because I am fairly new to pistol optics so I have been dry fire training my draw quite a bit lately but I am constantly cleaning little hairs and lint out of the optic. I'm about ready to shave that area down. Am I the only one and is this just a first world problem :)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I finally switched over to a red dot on my carry gun not too long ago. I appendix carry and I am a relatively hairy dude. Maybe it is because I am fairly new to pistol optics so I have been dry fire training my draw quite a bit lately but I am constantly cleaning little hairs and lint out of the optic. I'm about ready to shave that area down. Am I the only one and is this just a first world problem :)
    I’m not skinny, carrying a few extra around the belly. Relatively new to appendix carry, 1 year maybe. Had a generic holster, but got tired of the pain when bending over. Made my own holster with a tall enough “sweat guard” to keep tender belly parts (also known as retention device) off the gun and parts. Seemed to help keep it cleaner too. Not that I shed as much as you, just lint mostly.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Wear a t-shirt under it. Problem solved. And your exterior shirt will stay fresher longer. Double win.
    ^^ I carry a handgun with an optic on top, appendix style. Wearing a inner shirt helps a lot with the problem you described. Also the inner t-shirt helps cushion when in a seated position. I have a dad bod.

Last edited:

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    I found that wearing a T-shirt and tucking it in, then wearing either a long sleeve T-shirt or short sleeve button up shirt of some sort over it to help conceal works great. Never had to trim anything down there. :)

Reactions: Leo

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    ^^ I carry a handgun with an optic on top, appendix style. Wearing a inner shirt helps a lot with the problem you described. Also the inner t-shirt helps cushion when in a seated position. I have a dad bod.
    I do this when I can but lately its just been a single T-shirt due to the heat.

Top Bottom