• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, too many, here and otherwise would rather appease and care for illegal aliens than protect the integrity of the U.S. border and our uniquely distinct American heritage. I suggest they leave their doors unlocked since they`re so free with the country being broken into.
    Not even a good argument.
    my apple is red, therefore my orange is garbage.

EVERYONE has to have due process followed before their rights can be deprived.

Sorry that you believe in communism.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll ask again where does everybody set the line as far as this conversation goes?
    Everybody can roam at will around the U.S. as long as they fly below the radar if they come here ILLEGALLY?
    All people can be stopped for no reason?
    Comments on where YOU draw the line please?
    Illegals, just like criminals, can be investigated, charged, and judged.

But, they can not just have people walk up and execute summary justice.

Are you okay with someone coming up to you, telling you that you are an illegal, and then executing you?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    criminals still have their rights. the 4th amendment
    illegals still have their rights.

Remember when people said, these rights are derived from God.
    Did God say only people "here" have those rights.

criminals are deprived of liberty, AFTER due process is followed.
    the same with an illegal alien. You can't just walk up to anyone and say, "you're an illegal" and then deport them. You have to follow due process.
    Due process for illegal aliens is to put them back on the other side of the border. PERIOD. End of story. There`s nothing complex here. We don`t need to waste resources at all.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll ask again where does everybody set the line as far as this conversation goes?
    Everybody can roam at will around the U.S. as long as they fly below the radar if they come here ILLEGALLY?
    Unless they do something to give an officer RAS, yes.
    All people can be stopped for no reason?
    No. No RAS, no stop.
    Comments on where YOU draw the line please?
    I do not believe in giving up my freedoms in this area any more than any other. I'm not giving up my guns because criminals use them to commit crime. I am not giving up my freedom to move unmolested by the authorities because criminals move about, illegals or citizen criminals.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Illegals, just like criminals, can be investigated, charged, and judged.

But, they can not just have people walk up and execute summary justice.

Are you okay with someone coming up to you, telling you that you are an illegal, and then executing you?
    Your use of the word “can” be investigated should be “must” be investigated. If we are a nation of laws.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Constitution, as written, does not give the Federal government any authority to control immigration.
    Since early in our history the courts have ruled that the constitution does grant the federal government the power to control immigration. Like it or not, the practical matter of it is that for all intents and purposes, the federal government has this authority until the courts say it doesn’t.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Me to. No sobriety check points either than right since I don't drink? I know, somebody kills somebody but lets not set up "checkpoints" and just say screw it. Where is the line?
    ***damn straight no sobriety checkpoints.

Where is the line? I have a right to travel in the US. If I am stopped they better be able to articulate a ***damn good reason for doing so. “Because we’re stopping everyone” is NOT reasonable suspicion for stopping me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, too many, here and otherwise would rather appease and care for illegal aliens than protect the integrity of the U.S. border and our uniquely distinct American heritage. I suggest they leave their doors unlocked since they`re so free with the country being broken into.
    Rather appease and care for illegal aliens? How does me exercising MY right amount to me appeasing anyone? Or not wanting the borders protected?

Where do I draw the line? I draw it at my rights being violated pursuant to you thinking you have some right not to be scared of illegals.

I want the border secured. I want illegals prosecuted and deported. But use only the means that do not violate citizens rights in the process.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    look, they`re criminals by virtue of simply being here. You get locked up in prison and see what rights you have. NONE. Same for those who crash out border, take our social services monies and then flip us the bird. Sorry, but hell no.
    I don’t support making up laws that don’t exist so that you feel safe.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    So the consensus is to wait until criminals commit another crime, and catch them in the act, before doing anything. No wonder we have the prosecutors doing the job they are.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Which I was not addressing.
    While I certainly agree with less .gov agencies going armed, some of it is needed. I suppose we could always put Marines back guarding ALL shipping as they did the mail once upon a time. Bet the L.A. railways would be a bunch tidier.
    Marines never guarded "all shipping".

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Oh brother, this nonsense again? The United States Constitution was written with United States CITIZENS in mind, and FOR United States CITIZENS expressly. No, we do not abuse people, but non-citizens, and ESPECIALLY ILLEGAL ALIENS are NOT fully protected by the UNITED STATES Constitution. Geez!
    There is too much wrong in this post to even begin. Fail, totally.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Didn't say that. Please re-read it......as they did the mail
    "...Marines back guarding ALL shipping as they did the mail..."

Your words. "Back guarding all shipping" implies you think they guarded all shipping in the past. "As they did the mail" explains what you were thinking of. OK?

So show me when the Marines guarded all shipping or when they guarded the mail. (Not that they did in one or two instances, but when that was a regular role and responsibility of the US Marine Corps.)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So the consensus is to wait until criminals commit another crime, and catch them in the act, before doing anything. No wonder we have the prosecutors doing the job they are.
    No. If they know who the criminal is, go get them. No random or blanket stopping people hoping you might catch a bad guy. It's really not that hard to comprehend. I don't want your brand of authoritarianism anymore than I do a progressives brand. Give me my freedoms.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    No. If they know who the criminal is, go get them. No random or blanket stopping people hoping you might catch a bad guy. It's really not that hard to comprehend. I don't want your brand of authoritarianism anymore than I do a progressives brand. Give me my freedoms.
    Precisely this. THANK YOU, KLB!!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. All kinds of reason to investigate.
    Social Security number problems pops right into mind.
    Pretty sure there's easily more.

Waiting for them to commit a crime? Seriously?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If only we had a way to know beforehand that a person will commit a crime. Then we could prosecute them before anyone is harmed. Eh. Maybe someday.

1645624797600.png

Top Bottom