• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I went to a parade in Hammond 20 some years ago and was on the curb when Tom McDermott Sr.was walking by. I took a picture of him with my InstaMatic camera. He noticed and ran toward me to shake my hand and I ran away.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I went to a parade in Hammond 20 some years ago and was on the curb when Tom McDermott Sr.was walking by. I took a picture of him with my InstaMatic camera. He noticed and ran toward me to shake my hand and I ran away.

His son was a navy nuke, like me.
    But he's an anti-gun SOB

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It’s not a raise it’s campaign finance reform. Keep us from being tempted by the “Dark money” by giving us a raise.

There goes her extraordinary logic again.

Howbout a little thing called “integrity” and being accountable to the people as the catalyst to keep you from being tempted?

I know it’s kind of a radical idea for some politicians.

C’mon AOC, you’re kinda into radical ideas. Aren’t you?

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    This is a shake down. Give her $4500/yr or she might start accepting bribes? I don't see how anyone engaging in extortion like that won't be open to bribes, particularly ones larger than $4500.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    AOC goes from a broke ass bartender known only in her little borough to a member of Congress with national name recognition and a pretty sizable increase in income. I guess that wan’nt good enough for starters.

So she has the nerve to jump front and center calling for a Congessional wage increase and she’s only been a member for what? 6 months?

Then she says everyone deserves a cost of living increase so I guess her way of advocating for it is bringing attention to Congress’s wages.

Im pretty sure she’ll find no sympathy there.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In the private sector, you have to be able to justify a wage increase by making positive contributions to the bottom line. In congress, apparently the justification isn't productivity, but threats to participate in political corruption.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Things are different now that she is on the other side of the fence.

I don’t believe she ever has or ever would clamor for a Comgessional wage increase if she was still that broke ass bartender in her previous life not so long ago.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the private sector, you have to be able to justify a wage increase by making positive contributions to the bottom line. In congress, apparently the justification isn't productivity, but threats to participate in political corruption.
    It’s like. Don’t blame us for being tempted to take the “dark money” because you would deny us a wage increase.

WTH kinda talk is that if you’re supposed to be for the people?

Looks like she is on an accelerated path to becoming just another political creature with that language.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It’s not a raise it’s campaign finance reform. Keep us from being tempted by the “Dark money” by giving us a raise.

There goes her extraordinary logic again.

Howbout a little thing called “integrity” and being accountable to the people as the catalyst to keep you from being tempted?

I know it’s kind of a radical idea for some politicians.

C’mon AOC, you’re kinda into radical ideas. Aren’t you?

Maybe she and Bernie should just be open about it and call it "Universal Basic Graft", just like their Universal Basic Income horse hockey.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    party-of-600-li.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    That idiot makes my head hurt.

"If we close down Rikers and cover 25% of it in solar panels then we can shut down every power plant in NYC."

Without tracking down her source, this is far from believable.

Rikers Island (larger than the jail) is 413 acres. 25% = 103 acres
    America's largest solar farm is Solar Star in Rosamond, California. It generates 579 MW on 3,200 acres which is enough to supply 255,000 homes (2018 numbers). Scaling that down to 103 acres results in 18.6 MW or 8,200 homes. Good luck to the rest of NYC.

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    ConEd’s connected electrical load used to be somewhat between 4000 and 5000 MW. AOC is off by only two orders of magnitude, which is idiotic even for an ex-bartender.

Top Bottom