• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Looking at outfitting a carbine for steel plates and saw a guy selling one. I've got no experience with Tasco Red Dots and wondered if anyone here had used them. It's a 12 MOA dot, which is huge comsidering what I'm used to, but our plates are maybe 4" for the smallest ones and within 20 yards, so I should be in good shape. I'm wondering if something that big would be a help or a detriment to gettng off quick shots.

Thanks for any experinces you have to share.

Doug K

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is it recent vintage, or from when Tasco was alive a few years ago?

I got a lot of good service from my Tasco PDP5CMP years ago. It was probably the best red dot they ever sold. It was made in Japan, which accounts for the high quality.

The current incarnation of Tasco is not the same company, although they bought rights to the name and trademarks.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    IMHO, the UltraDot brand is the best red dot scope for the money. I own several. I have a couple that are slide mounted on 1911 bullseye pistols. They are light weight, durable, and have a lifetime warranty. They have a repair facility in the U.S. Probably the best place to get them is Home - Larry's Guns Inc.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'll second the suggestion on the ultra dot. I have one on a .22 target pistol. It has been carried around, even dropped and still holds zero. Just don't leave it in the car on a day when the temperture gets to -15. The scope rings were too close to the optics and cracked the lense. It did not affect shot placement, and the scope was able to be repaired.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Is it recent vintage, or from when Tasco was alive a few years ago?

I got a lot of good service from my Tasco PDP5CMP years ago. It was probably the best red dot they ever sold. It was made in Japan, which accounts for the high quality.

The current incarnation of Tasco is not the same company, although they bought rights to the name and trademarks.

Not 100% but it's around 10 years old, works fine according to selle rand was made in Japan. Worth $50?

Thanks,
    Doug K

Top Bottom