• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    So when you get down to brass tacks is this really an air mattress with a foam pad on top and a pump and regulator to maintain a preferred pressure setting? I am not knocking them just trying to find out what they are all about.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Wife was sure we needed one because she said she didn't like the bed the same as I like it.
    We went to sleep number store, they do the close your eyes and tell us when it's comfortable thing, I stopped at 60 she stopped at 55. So after that we just went and got a better memory foam for an 1/8 the cost of sleep number. I did like the pillow though, to bad they had nothing at the store they could physically sell you everything was order.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    The wife and I may go check them out today, curious if any members have experiences with them good or bad?
    We used one for well over 20 years. Had an inner foam piece fail after about 15 years. They stood by the pro-rated warranty and replaced it at VERY low cost. We moved it into a spare guest room when I needed to get a adjustable bedframe and mattress to help out with acid reflux at night. Overall very satisfied with it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We used one for well over 20 years. Had an inner foam piece fail after about 15 years. They stood by the pro-rated warranty and replaced it at VERY low cost. We moved it into a spare guest room when I needed to get a adjustable bedframe and mattress to help out with acid reflux at night. Overall very satisfied with it.
    I can't imagine our inner piece failing - we're very much, "sleep on your side!" We're like kids in the back seat of a station wagon. And I mean like siblings, not two teenagers at the drive-in.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    My only experience was during both of my sleep studies for sleep apnea. I didn't not like it, but also couldn't figure out with just those two nights how to get it set to what I would consider "comfortable".

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for all of the replies. We just left the store with one on order. I wasn’t blown away but I never really considered myself picky.

My wife however seemed to really like it. She’s been busting her butt and picking up my slack as I’ve dealt with my shoulder issues over the past six months. I figure if I can help her get out of bed without a back ache it’s the least I can do.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My only experience was during both of my sleep studies for sleep apnea. I didn't not like it, but also couldn't figure out with just those two nights how to get it set to what I would consider "comfortable".
    It's impossible to get comfortable with all those wires hooked up, and that creepy camera up in the corner of the room watching you.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Around 1993-4 I had terrible back problems. Went to home show in Indy and tried one out and almost immediately the pain was gone. Bought one then and never went to another mattress. I have replaced two air chambers since then and put a new pillow topper on about five years ago. Also went through three pumps since then. We have a California king because dogs think it is a great place to hang out. Can't blame them. I would do a commercial if asked.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Had one, night one the pump died. Called and was told they had one on 2 day rush. What they didn't say was 2 days for them to get it on the way. A full week went by before I got a new pump.

Was a comfortable bed but when I asked why they didnt tell me it would tske a week or why i wasn't offered a spare pump from a store or anything they blocked me on fb.

So I returned it. A couple days later the store manager called me about it. Told her it was to late, the upset delivery driver had already picked it up. Driver was upset i tossed it in the box our memory foam matress came in.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I have had one for 19 years, maybe longer. I had to replace the blower motor once but they sold me a refurbished; that was about 8 years ago.

Would I again? Yes.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    We’ve had a Sleep Number for about 10 years. Can’t say I was sold until I spent a few nights away on vacation. I was very happy to get home to my bed. Knock on wood, no failures or part replacements for us.

Sorry to hear you’re having shoulder issues. I’m in a wheelchair and my shoulder gave out on me on Christmas Eve. Ortho doc said based on strength/movement tests, I don’t have anything that would require surgery. Didn’t get an MRI based on docs assessment and the fact that it would cost me $2,000 out of pocket. Finished PT last week and it’s about 90% now. Unfortunately since I’m in a wheelchair, that 10% I’m still missing has me feeling like a crippled cripple. Hoping with more time and exercise it continues to improve. Hope whatever you’re dealing with heals as well.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Not to highjack your thread but I would like to try the purple thing with all the little squares , but not sure if it would be any good ?

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    We had one for years. Gave it to our daughter and bought a new one. After about 15 years of using that one, my wife became convinced we needed a memory foam matress. Got rid of the sleep number and got a memory foam. After five years of the most miserable sleep and back problems I can ever imagine, we bought a new sleep number two weeks ago. With any luck, it will arrive in the next week or so. I can't wait to get the first decent night sleep in over five years.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We’ve had a Sleep Number for about 10 years. Can’t say I was sold until I spent a few nights away on vacation. I was very happy to get home to my bed. Knock on wood, no failures or part replacements for us.

Sorry to hear you’re having shoulder issues. I’m in a wheelchair and my shoulder gave out on me on Christmas Eve. Ortho doc said based on strength/movement tests, I don’t have anything that would require surgery. Didn’t get an MRI based on docs assessment and the fact that it would cost me $2,000 out of pocket. Finished PT last week and it’s about 90% now. Unfortunately since I’m in a wheelchair, that 10% I’m still missing has me feeling like a crippled cripple. Hoping with more time and exercise it continues to improve. Hope whatever you’re dealing with heals as well.
    Thanks for the kind words, I hope your shoulder heals quickly and fully. This was my third surgery on this shoulder but this time they replaced it. Fingers crossed I can get back to normal this time.

Top Bottom