Anyone near Lowell willing to give me some pointers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Im going to be picking up a Dillion 550 in a few weeks. Ive ordered a few reloading books that I can read through. I was wondering if anyone has a similar setup that would be willing to walk me through a few things? I just want to make sure Im semi confident and had a little hands on before I get mine. Im going to be reloading mostly 223, 40 and 45. I will pick up 308 later when I get my ar 10. Let me know if you have some spare time and would like to give me some pointers. I have 223 and 308 brass I could donate if your willing to help. Thanks in advance fellas.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I reload .223 and .45, but I'm down in Grant county, near Marion. I use a 550, but it's a fair drive to Lake county. If you want to come down here, I'll be glad to show you what I can.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I have reloaded 9mm and .45 on a lee progressive. I'm just North in Crown Point. I have no experience with the Dillons but by buying a Lee, I had to learn the ins and outs of that fugger before doing anything!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Have a good SOLID bench to mount it on. Have a good bright light source on the bench. Adjust the light so you can see down into the cases as they go around. Make sure the light source is NOT above the primer tube. Look at everything closely before you advance to the next station. Take your time for a while. You'll pick up speed in time but in the beginning go slow. Load small batches so if you screw up you don't screw up a lot of components. Get as many reloading manuals as you can find. Be wary of any load data posted on the internet. Have fun. You will become addicted.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Setting up dies is a real PITA if you don't realize what they all do and their functions. Luckily all my first attempts were on "free" brass ;)

Top Bottom