• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    Anyone in Indy do Cerakote or similar coatings? Is Cerakote the best or should I look into others. Have a couple rifles I use for hunting and just want to make then more weather resistant.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Not quite Indy, but AllenM is in Avon and does Cerakote. I have a Savage bolt action that was re-barreled to a .458 SOCOM and then Cerakoted in Sniper Gray. I have several pistols also coated and would highly recommend it. AllenM has done them all.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I have heard that Havlin's in Fayette (i.e. Lebanon/Zionsville/Brownsburg) is also a great option.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    With all the reviews on INGO I don't think you can go wrong with AllenM. I have seen several examples of his work on here. That being said, I have never done business with him. I have had cerakote work done from USDS on the Southside and they did a wonderful job. Never a entire firearm, but pieces of one. -Jason

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The three people that I'd recommend in the area have already been done.

Havlin's did a pistol frame for me a few years ago. Great communication, good guy. One day I may very well have more work for him. I follow him on the FB - and I think he's also capable of hydro-dipping as well. But I don't know how much he LIKES it. Havlin's Firearms Finishing If you contact him - follow the "required" ways to do so via his website. Do. not. just. show. up. there. Period. You can also initially contact him here on INGO - squirt239.

AllenM of Diamond Collision out in Avon is also GREAT with Cerakoat work. Note: Bad weather months are his busiest with the car-repair business. That's his main bread and butter. Be prepared for him to say "I can do this, but it may take a while".

USDS in Greenwood: I'm a customer and a "fan" of the shop - even though I haven't yet purchases a big-ticket item from them. They're good dudes - local to Greenwood. I've only seen photos of their CK work.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    The three people that I'd recommend in the area have already been done.

Havlin's did a pistol frame for me a few years ago. Great communication, good guy. One day I may very well have more work for him. I follow him on the FB - and I think he's also capable of hydro-dipping as well. But I don't know how much he LIKES it. Havlin's Firearms Finishing If you contact him - follow the "required" ways to do so via his website. Do. not. just. show. up. there. Period. You can also initially contact him here on INGO - squirt239.

AllenM of Diamond Collision out in Avon is also GREAT with Cerakoat work. Note: Bad weather months are his busiest with the car-repair business. That's his main bread and butter. Be prepared for him to say "I can do this, but it may take a while".

USDS in Greenwood: I'm a customer and a "fan" of the shop - even though I haven't yet purchases a big-ticket item from them. They're good dudes - local to Greenwood. I've only seen photos of their CK work.

Thanks. Made me chuckle...

I do do (I said do do..) Cerakote. I'm not a fan of Hydro-Dip ping as its not nearly as durable, IMO. I'll do it, but doesn't carry the same guarantee as Cerakote.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    USDS in Greenwood did an outstanding job on my XDm. Great customer service and they have all the Cerakote color swatches in the store.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    After reading this forum, I messaged Allen and dropped off an AR with him yesterday. Will post pics on INGO when I get her back!

Synergies for cerakoting and body work make awesome sense when you think about it, getting your gun cerakoted by a shop that coats more square footage of metal than any other gunsmith & has to disassemble/reassemble cars with care.

Could tell from the caliber of tools & the organization in his workshop that he pays a lot of attention to detail, you're paying for a legit artisan. He's very patient & takes his time to explain what looks good / bad & showed me one of his personal builds to demonstate (45 on an INGO lower). Really awesome gunsmith!

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Don't hesitate to give Applied Ballistics in Lafayette a call. They do all of our Cerakoting and do a great job! I even had then do my person EDC last week. Here are a couple of pictures of what they have done for us recently.

IMG_4848_resized.jpg poc13.jpg
    pic of slide.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg 20161221_173217_resized (1).jpg

Attachments

• pic14.jpg
      pic14.jpg
      146.3 KB · Views: 4

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Another vote for AllenM.
    1 ar kit in burnt bronze (lower, upper & handguard, plus bits and pieces).
    Another lower I had engraved, in flat black (beat anodizing again)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just ask Birds Away to post the pics of the CZ Allen did for him.
    That particular job looks about as close to hotbath bluing as possible with Cerakote.
    If I were ever to get a Cerakote (money and need are issues), he'd be the first one I'd call.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I thought I saw a sign going into Indy Trading Post to pickup my INGO lower and saw that they did Cerakote. My give them a call

Top Bottom