Anyone here send a CZ to Cajun Gun Works for action work?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Just got this from David... As you can see, he's a perfectionist and seems to leave nothing to chance:

"Something you need to decide on.* The SA is 3.6 lbs, which is perfect, however, there is a tiny bit of creep before the sear breaks.* It's not consistent, which tells me it will improve as it wears in.* I can achieve a crisp break in SA, but the weight will drop to around 3.0 lbs (I have to reduce the hammer hook height).* Right now, the pistol is perfectly safe (and will remain that way even with a lighter SA pull) and is definitely "litigation proof" with the SA as is.* But I don't want you to be disappointed.
    DA is spot on, 8 lbs and 10 oz and is light, smooth, and extremely easy to gauge.* Ignition is very strong with my extended firing pin.* I have attached a few pics, one of the disco I spoke to you about.* Let me know on the SA pull so I can do whatever I have to do so I can get it on Fed-Ex tomorrow.* Your disco is on the left and has a really rough ridge next to the center arm.”

After a brief reply, he is going to take a small amount of the creep out before sending the gun out tomorrow. Here are the photos--in addition to the disconnectors, you can see both hammers and the work done on the feed ramp and barrel lug:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Please post the pictures when you get them. I may be more excited than you are. :D

LOL, me too! Though you are one of the resident CZ guys on the forum. This is playing out like a novel...that guy (CGW) has incredible communication!

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    After his last email, I asked David where the SA pull ended up after the creep was eliminated-check out his reply:

"Takes time to mill out the creep w/o compromising the pull weight. In your case, the pull weight did not change (final was 3lbs, 8oz), but it breaks like ice. Ships out today."

WOW!!! Now I AM excited!!!

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Looking forward to your first impressions. People seem to go ape **** crazy when they get trigger jobs from CGW so it'll be neat to see what you think.

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    I have heard great things about cgw but have never had my hands on any of their work. I can't wait to read your report. Thanks for posting. It is great that they have good communication , that goes a long way with me.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    David, that you? Please do feel free to add to or correct anything I've written here.

I got my pistol back this evening, and it doesn't even feel like the same weapon. Obviously, the proof is in the shooting, but the trigger feels beautiful. Dry-fire DA practice (with snap-cap) is way easier to keep the sights on target through the stroke, and SA almost feels like cheating :D I'll go into more detail and post pic's after the weekend. Gotta rest up--shooting my first Appleseed starting tomorrow :rockwoot:

Top Bottom